* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 31
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Downloads for Forum Members

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 13
  • stats Total Posts: 9952
  • stats Total Topics: 1701
  • stats Total Categories: 4
  • stats Total Boards: 22
  • stats Most Online: 72

Child Boards

No New Posts Richard Armitage

1017 Posts
135 Topics

Last post by genie
in Happy Birthday - Richard...
on Today at 07:56:41 PM

Child Boards: The Hobbit, Crucible, Urban and the Shed Crew, Hannibal, Pilgrimage, Clearance, Berlin Station, Alice, Love, Love, Love
No New Posts Colin Firth

63 Posts
8 Topics

Last post by genie
in Re: Colin Firth Intervie...
on February 11, 2017, 10:04:09 PM

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
1 Replies
Last post May 09, 2018, 11:39:34 AM
by genie
Sam Heughan 2005

Started by genie « 1 2 »

15 Replies
Last post April 26, 2018, 01:32:26 PM
by Luce
2 Replies
Last post October 06, 2017, 09:47:31 AM
by genie
2 Replies
Last post March 20, 2017, 10:46:10 AM
by genie
9 Replies
Last post February 08, 2017, 12:36:36 PM
by Luce
5 Replies
Last post April 03, 2015, 06:59:36 PM
by blueeyedbookworm
5 Replies
Last post October 25, 2013, 04:20:43 PM
by genie
3 Replies
Last post September 06, 2013, 06:05:12 AM
by Luce
5 Replies
Last post August 21, 2013, 05:11:06 AM
by genie

Normal Topic
Hot Topic (More than 15 replies)
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 replies)

Locked Topic
Sticky Topic
Poll

* BBC Films

* The Guardian (Film)

• post ?Everybody feels fragile?: Guy Pearce on fame, family pressures and fatherhood at 50 - 21 August
  • The actor went from Ramsay Street to Hollywood ? but he?s still close friends with Jason Donovan. He talks humility, hype and why he can?t discuss ?handsy? co-starsLong before Hollywood actors were falling over themselves to appear in television series, there was a clear, snobbish line between film and television. ?I remember, years ago, when I was on a television show and so many serious actors would sort of scoff and go: ?Why would you do a thing like that??? remembers Guy Pearce. ?And now everybody is on television.? Does he feel vindicated? ?Yeah. Well, it still doesn?t raise the quality of the show that I used to be on.? He laughs. ?I?m not naming it, in case I get myself into trouble.? I hope he doesn?t mean Neighbours ? Australian institution; after-school viewing ritual; launchpad, in Pearce?s late-80s glory years, of the careers of Kylie Minogue and Jason Donovan, too. ?Well, it was great,? he concedes, ?but it wasn?t the highly innovative, cutting-edge stuff we see now.?Is he surprised that, 30 years on, people still talk about his role as the teacher Mike, he of the good nature and knife-edged cheekbones? ?A bit. I know it was huge at the time and people adored it. I feel really proud of it and thankful to have been part of it, but it?s not even that people go ?Ah, yeah, I remember?; it really is very present for people. It?s like it?s going to live on. It?s great. Jason and I still call each other Scott and Mike.? Continue reading...
  • post Asia Argento denies sexual assault of 17-year-old actor - 21 August
  • Italian star says $380,000 settlement was paid to Jimmy Bennett by her partner Anthony Bourdain to help with Bennett?s financial difficultiesItalian actor Asia Argento has denied allegations that she sexually assaulted actor Jimmy Bennett, saying that a settlement paid to him was made by her partner Anthony Bourdain in order to help alleviate Bennett?s ?severe economic problems?.The claims, which were first published by the New York Times on Monday, concern an alleged incident at a Southern California hotel in 2013, when Bennett was 17. According to the report, Argento had settled the notice of intent to sue filed by Bennett, who is now 22, for $380,000 last October. Continue reading...
  • post The kids aren't alright: is the YA movie boom over? - 21 August
  • Harry Potter, The Hunger Games, Twilight: only a few years ago young adult fantasy films were massive ? but times, and teenagers, have changedTanya Seghatchian started working at Heyday Films in 1997. Heyday, a new, small studio, had landed a deal with cinematic giants Warner Brothers as their UK eyes and ears. ?Listen,? a friend told her. ?This deal will only last if you find Warner Bros the equivalent of the Bond franchise.? Seghatchian was disheartened: until she heard of a children?s book about a boy wizard, called Harry Potter and the Philosopher?s Stone: it was the first of a series.Warner Brothers were less sure that a children?s series could be the basis for the blockbuster franchise they envisioned. ?Family entertainment was not at the centre of film culture in the way it is now,? Saghatchian told the Guardian in 2011. ?I knew its appeal might reach more than just children.? Continue reading...
  • post Disney's Christopher Robin blows The Meg out of the water at UK box office - 21 August
  • Ewan McGregor and his animal friends knock Jason Statham and his shark off the top spot while Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again adds to its towering total Jason Statham and his giant prehistoric shark had a predictably short run at the top of the UK box office, with The Meg knocked off its perch by Ewan McGregor and his animal friends. Disney?s Christopher Robin debuted with a decent £2.42m from 649 venues, or £2.55m including modest previews ? the smallest total for a No 1 film since the challenging days of the heatwave and the World Cup. Continue reading...
  • post Finally: a high-school movie that people of colour can relate to | Charlie Brinkhurst-Cuff - 20 August
  • To All the Boys I?ve Loved Before is not perfect, but it is one of the first big-budget movies not to centre on a white protagonist ? and a step in the right directionI was one of those girls who was nostalgic for high school before it ended. I sobbed my way through Simple Minds? Don?t You (Forget About Me) at the end of The Breakfast Club when I watched it for the first time aged 16, already thinking about all the friendships I was likely to leave behind and the boys I wouldn?t kiss. My diary was an attempt to hold on to those memories in the only way I knew how.US high school movies are my bread and butter ? and the latest Netflix offering, To All the Boys I?ve Loved Before, is a positive progression of a genre that has been stilted by less exciting films in recent years, such as openly fattist The Duff (about high-school misfit Bianca, who believes she is the ?designated ugly fat friend?) and Greta Gerwig?s Lady Bird, which, despite its attempts at subverting high-school romcom tropes by hamming up its early-00s kookiness, left me cold. Continue reading...
  • post Where are the brown people? Crazy Rich Asians draws tepid response in Singapore - 21 August
  • Critics in city where hit film is set complain that it leaves out minorities and is ?simplistic?It has been heralded as a milestone for representation of Asian people on screen, the first Hollywood blockbuster to feature an all-Asian cast in 25 years.But Crazy Rich Asians, which raked in $26.5m (£21m) at the US box office over the weekend, has proved polarising among the community it is supposed to represent, many of whom have said it perpetuates racist stereotypes and presents a single version of Asia that is ?palatable? for Hollywood audiences. Continue reading...
  • post Barbara Harris, Nashville and Freaky Friday actor, dies at 83 - 21 August
  • The Oscar-nominated and Tony award-winning star of stage and screen who stopped acting in the 1990s has died of lung cancerBarbara Harris, the award-winning star of stage and screen, has died at the age of 83.The actor, who had left the film industry in the 90s, died of lung cancer in Scottsdale, Arizona, where she had lived for many years. Continue reading...
  • post Danny Boyle exits Bond 25 over 'creative differences' - 21 August
  • The Oscar-winning director will no longer take helm of the follow-up to Spectre, set to be Daniel Craig?s last outing as James BondDanny Boyle has walked away from directing the 25th James Bond film.The Oscar-winning director of Slumdog Millionaire had been officially attached to the as-yet-untitled adventure but in a tweet from the franchise?s official account, he has now departed over ?creative differences?. Continue reading...
  • post Slice: first trailer for Chance the Rapper's pizza werewolf movie - 21 August
  • A first look at the rapper?s big-screen debut shows him and Atlanta?s Zazie Beetz as survivors of a pizza shop crime spree hellbent on finding the culpritsThe first trailer for new horror film Slice, Chance the Rapper?s screen debut, has been released by indie studio A24, the company behind Moonlight and Lady Bird.Written and directed by Austin Veseley, Chance?s longtime collaborator and director of many of his music videos (including Brain Cells, Sunday Candy and Angels), the film is being billed as ?the story of a ghost, a werewolf and a pretty shitty pizza place.?
    Continue reading...
  • post The Last Jedi's Kelly Marie Tran speaks out against online bullying - 21 August
  • In an op-ed for the New York Times, the actor explains why she deleted her Instagram posts after trolls inundated her with abuseKelly Marie Tran has spoken out about online bullying for the first time since she deleted her Instagram posts earlier this year.The 29-year-old star of Star Wars: The Last Jedi has revealed the extent of the abuse she received in an op-ed for the New York Times. Continue reading...

* CinemaBlend

* Guardian - Film

* Recent Posts

Happy Birthday - Richard!! by genie
[Today at 07:56:41 PM]

Re: Count how many times you say OMG by Luce
[August 20, 2018, 04:24:51 AM]

Count how many times you say OMG by genie
[August 19, 2018, 04:15:13 PM]

Re: It's raining in Belgium by blueeyedbookworm
[August 14, 2018, 09:21:02 PM]

Mindhunter by genie