* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 12
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Downloads for Forum Members

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 9
  • stats Total Posts: 8629
  • stats Total Topics: 1386
  • stats Total Categories: 4
  • stats Total Boards: 23
  • stats Most Online: 57
  Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
5 Replies
Last post March 17, 2016, 07:33:01 AM
by genie
Question - Genie

Started by gli

3 Replies
Last post May 20, 2015, 09:24:51 AM
by genie
Attention Gli.

Started by genie

1 Replies
Last post May 04, 2015, 11:14:13 AM
by gli
9 Replies
Last post March 11, 2015, 07:22:20 AM
by genie
7 Replies
Last post March 10, 2015, 06:45:09 AM
by genie
0 Replies
Last post May 07, 2014, 09:30:56 AM
by genie
29 Replies
Last post April 06, 2014, 02:46:43 AM
by Luce
Stats

Started by genie

13 Replies
Last post November 13, 2013, 10:08:14 AM
by genie
3 Replies
Last post September 13, 2013, 02:39:14 AM
by pantaghana
1 Replies
Last post July 11, 2013, 02:25:33 AM
by Luce
0 Replies
Last post July 06, 2013, 05:04:28 PM
by genie
Videos

Started by genie

0 Replies
Last post June 26, 2013, 01:15:19 PM
by genie

Normal Topic
Hot Topic (More than 15 replies)
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 replies)

Locked Topic
Sticky Topic
Poll

* BBC Films

* The Guardian (Film)

• post Hot guys wanted: Chris Evans, Tom Hardy ? who's next for CBeebies Bedtime Stories? - 24 April
  • As the BBC?s parental-respite service continues its fine tradition of giving mums something pretty to look at, we ask who can follow Captain AmericaChris Evans is going to read a CBeebies Bedtime Story soon. Actual Captain America, from all three thousand Captain America films, will sit down and lull the nation?s toddlers to sleep with a sonorous reading of Even Superheroes Have Bad Days by Shelly Becker and Eda Kaban on 10 May.Admittedly this is probably more interesting to parents than toddlers. My two-year-old, largely speaking, doesn?t care about the box office grosses of the people reading stories to him. He?s over the moon if they happen to be softly spoken and sincere like Nadiya Hussain from the Great British Bake Off, and actively less over the moon when, say, David Hasselhoff ends up bellowing a broken assembly line of words that sound as if they?ve been phonetically translated from Esperanto on cue cards held slightly too far away to be comfortably read. Continue reading...
  • post How we made Brassed Off - 24 April
  • ?I spent months learning the flugelhorn ? and I didn?t even have to play it?Pete Postlethwaite, who was playing my father, took me down to Grimethorpe a week before filming to talk to locals and let them know this was their story. The miners were reticent at first. Not long before, a TV crew had stitched up the town, getting kids to throw stones at derelict buildings and making it seem as if it was a regular occurrence, as if Grimethorpe had become a wild west town. Continue reading...
  • post Fast and Furious spin-off revs up with Dwayne Johnson and Jason Statham - 24 April
  • Charlize Theron due to return as cyberterrorist Cipher in the offshoot, as producer hints the ?official? street racer action series will be capped at 10 movies The continuing success of the Fast and Furious car action franchise has resulted in plans for a spin-off movie featuring Dwayne Johnson, Charlize Theron and Jason Statham, it has emerged.According to Variety, producing studio Universal have hired Chris Morgan ? who worked on the last six films in the series ? to write a screenplay for a project that would ?revolve around Johnson and Statham teaming up to go after Theron?s character?. Johnson?s character, diplomatic service agent Luke Hobbs, first appeared in Fast Five, while Statham?s Deckard Shaw, after a brief appearance in the end credits of Fast & Furious 6, was the chief antagonist in 2015?s Furious 7. Theron?s cyberterrorist character Cipher is a recent addition to the series, appearing in the recent eighth instalment alongside Johnson, Statham and Vin Diesel.
    Continue reading...
  • post The Fass and the furious: the remarkable career of Rainer Werner Fassbinder - 24 April
  • Aged just 37, the German director and relentless provocateur died too soon, but he left behind a biting body of work for us to remember him by Related: Berlin 2015 review ? To Love Without Demands: the torrid life and work of Rainer Werner Fassbinder The 35th anniversary of the death of Rainer Werner Fassbinder this year was grimly presaged two weeks ago by the death of his longtime, long-suffering cameraman Michael Ballhaus. Ballhaus was 81 and had forged a second career in Hollywood. Fassbinder, had he lived, would be 71. Having knocked out 40 features, several TV series, countless plays and adaptations in a 13-year career, one can only wonder what he might have done with another 35. Continue reading...
  • post Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 review ? funny sequel suffers from pinballing pointlessness - 24 April
  • The Marvel superhero gang are back together ? including Vin Diesel?s Baby Groot alongside Chris Pratt?s Quill ? and while there?s plenty of comedy, it doesn?t really go anywhereMarvel?s likeable superhero comedy Guardians of the Galaxy is back for amiable and goofy volume number two, and its beefy-yet-quirky space hero and team leader Peter Quill, played by Chris Pratt, duly has a second volume of that Awesome Mixtape on the Sony Walkman he has on him at all times.It?s the same combination of cartoony action and intergalactic screwball with some ambient production design recalling the photorealist sci-fi imagery of Roger Dean or Chris Foss in a bygone age, creating a visual sense of earnestness to offset the archly retro pop culture gags. Again, it has its own supercharged Heart FM playlist of 70s and 80s music. The early 70s track Brandy (You?re a Fine Girl) by Looking Glass is laid on the soundtrack almost ecstatically in the opening sequence, and some tongue-in-cheek dialogue later invokes it as the greatest piece of music ever to have emerged from Planet Earth. This film rattles along and there?s a lot to enjoy, but there?s a weird air of pointlessness, almost plotlessness to this sequel. Continue reading...
  • post Sophie Okonedo: ?My body is my barometer ? my instincts are physical? - 23 April
  • The celebrated actor on her new play with Damian Lewis, why performing is an adventure, and leaving London for the countrySophie Okonedo was born in 1968 in London and studied at Rada. She has worked extensively across theatre, film and TV and was nominated for a best supporting actress Oscar for the 2004 film Hotel Rwanda. On Broadway, she won a Tony award in 2014 for A Raisin in the Sun and two years later was nominated for her performance in Arthur Miller?s The Crucible. Her TV credits include The Slap, Undercover and The Hollow Crown. She is currently performing alongside Damian Lewis in Edward Albee?s 2002 play The Goat, or Who Is Sylvia?; she plays Stevie, a woman who discovers her husband is having an affair with an animal.What was your first reaction on reading The Goat?
    I thought I was due a break from theatre, because I?ve been doing a lot, but I was just really gripped by the play. I found it quite shocking. But everything I do is based on instinct, so when people say: ?Why did you do that??, I don?t really know? my gut just told me to. Continue reading...
  • post How one woman harnessed people power to ?save? old New York - 22 April
  • New film tells story of Jane Jacobs?s battles against the wealthiest developers in the cityShe was a beaky, bespectacled architecture writer, hardly a figure likely to ignite protests that changed the shape of one of the world?s great cities. Yet such is the legend of Jane Jacobs and her bitter struggles to preserve the heart of New York from modernisation that a film charting her astonishing victories over some of the most powerful developers in the US is set to inspire a new generation of urban activists around the world.Citizen Jane: Battle for the City tells the story of Jacobs, author of The Death and Life of Great American Cities, who made herself the bane of New York?s powerful city planners from the 1950s to 1970s. Her nemesis was Robert Moses, the city?s powerful master builder and advocate of urban renewal, or wholesale neighbourhood clearance ? what author James Baldwin termed ?negro removal?. Continue reading...
  • post No link to the Bard ? but this Lady Macbeth is just as deadly - 22 April
  • Rising British star Florence Pugh wins global acclaim as ?kick-ass? bride in new film dramaWhen cinema audiences meet Florence Pugh?s striking Lady Macbeth later this week they won?t get what they expect. For a start, this is not that Lady Macbeth.Pugh, 21, has not been cast as the Shakespearean villain who urges her husband to further her ambitions by killing a Scottish king. Instead, the acclaimed rising star from Oxfordshire plays the lead in a British retelling of a lurid Russian story from 1865 about a discontented, and ultimately violent, young bride. Continue reading...
  • post Viggo Mortensen calls Argentina president 'neoliberal braggart' - 21 April
  • The Lord of the Rings actor, who grew up in Argentina, films internet clip Mauricio Macri a ?neoliberal braggart? over rumored changes to film financingAt the climax of the epic movie trilogy Lord of the Rings, Viggo Mortensen rallies his dispirited comrades with a stirring call to arms delivered on horseback at the Black Gate of Mordor: ?This day, we fight!?This week, the Danish-American actor once again delivered a speech meant to breathe courage into his flagging crew. Continue reading...
  • post Michael Moore: 'Ignorance leads to fear, fear leads to hate. Trump knew that' - 21 April
  • The Oscar-winning documentary film-maker discussed the president and the continuing relevance of Bowling for Columbine at the Tribeca film festivalIt was 15 years ago when the release of Michael Moore?s landmark documentary Bowling for Columbine became a national sensation that attracted both critical acclaim and an avalanche of controversy. The film, which focused on the 1999 Columbine high school shooting and the then emerging threat of gun violence in America, won the Oscar for best documentary and functioned as a prescient warning of the American political and social upheaval that would soon hold the country in its grasp. In fact, according to Moore: ?We could release this film again this Friday and it sadly would probably be every bit as relevant.? Related: Fight the power: documentaries to unleash the activist in you Continue reading...

* CinemaBlend

* Guardian - Film

* Recent Posts

Re: New Pilgrimage Trailer by genie
[April 21, 2017, 08:29:21 PM]

Re: New Pilgrimage Trailer by gli
[April 21, 2017, 08:09:20 PM]

Re: New Pilgrimage Trailer by Luce
[April 21, 2017, 04:38:25 AM]

New Pilgrimage Trailer by genie
[April 20, 2017, 06:18:20 PM]

Re: Coming Soon (from me) by genie