* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 11
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Downloads for Forum Members

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 18
  • stats Total Posts: 9559
  • stats Total Topics: 1613
  • stats Total Categories: 4
  • stats Total Boards: 22
  • stats Most Online: 72

Author Topic: The Man in the High Castle  (Read 4983 times)

genie

• Monarch
  • Royalty
  • oof!
The Man in the High Castle
« on: February 13, 2017, 07:05:34 PM »
I have just  finished watching season 2 and I still don't have very much of a clue.  The ending pulled a lot together but even though I didn't understand much as it went along, I couldn't stop watching it.

I wish I knew if there is going to be another season.

Anyone else watch this.  Rufus Sewell continues to amaze me.

Luce

• Royalty
  • I've never been so happy in all my life...
Re: The Man in the High Castle
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2017, 02:25:32 AM »
Any chance of a DL?
QUEEN UNDER THE MOUNTAIN

genie

• Monarch
  • Royalty
  • oof!
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2017, 09:33:06 AM »
Did I download season 1 yet?

Luce

• Royalty
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2017, 12:47:10 PM »
Did I download season 1 yet?
You did. I knew there was a Season Two but I never saw it in DL.
Season One was very good!
QUEEN UNDER THE MOUNTAIN

genie

• Monarch
  • Royalty
  • oof!
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2017, 08:40:05 PM »
Ok, I'll go looking.

Luce

• Royalty
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2017, 03:57:35 AM »
Ok, I'll go looking.

I am much obliged, my lady!
QUEEN UNDER THE MOUNTAIN

Luce

• Royalty
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2017, 04:00:56 AM »
Oeps! Seems like the files are empty.  :fav283:
QUEEN UNDER THE MOUNTAIN

genie

• Monarch
  • Royalty
  • oof!
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2017, 10:46:15 AM »
Hang in there.  I have company for a few days.

Luce

• Royalty
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2017, 01:53:03 AM »
Hang in there.  I have company for a few days.

Enjoy! No problem!
QUEEN UNDER THE MOUNTAIN

genie

• Monarch
  • Royalty
  • oof!
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2017, 08:43:49 PM »
Are the files you have downloaded anywhere near the size of the ones listed online.  I've tried them and they work for me.

Luce

• Royalty
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2017, 05:56:54 AM »
Are the files you have downloaded anywhere near the size of the ones listed online.  I've tried them and they work for me.

It says "empty file".
If you click on them, you go to another perioddrama.com page which says
"Oops! Tha page can't be found!"
QUEEN UNDER THE MOUNTAIN

genie

• Monarch
  • Royalty
  • oof!
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2017, 08:56:57 AM »
Do a left-click and then click on "save link as" - then place it where you want it on your computer.  You'll see the name being saved is the proper filename.

Luce

• Royalty
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2017, 03:49:28 PM »
Do a left-click and then click on "save link as" - then place it where you want it on your computer.  You'll see the name being saved is the proper filename.

Sorry, doesn't work.
I have always done it like that but now it's no good.
QUEEN UNDER THE MOUNTAIN

genie

• Monarch
  • Royalty
  • oof!
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2017, 01:12:39 PM »
I have put up some other shows you probably download.  Tell me if there are any issues with those.

Luce

• Royalty
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2017, 03:17:50 AM »
I have put up some other shows you probably download.  Tell me if there are any issues with those.

No issues, whatsoever! The download went very well for The Halcyon.

Taboo, I have on the BBC, so I didn't DL that.

TMitHC stills says 'no file'!
QUEEN UNDER THE MOUNTAIN

* BBC Films

* The Guardian (Film)

• post Avengers: Infinity War ? the death, the destruction and Thanos ? discuss with spoilers - 26 April
  • Will the post-credit sequence prove key? Is Josh Brolin?s Titan the villain the franchise has been waiting for? And how about that ending? ?This article contains spoilers
    ? Sign up for Film Today and get our film team?s highlights of the dayIt is tempting to wonder quite how the bigwigs at Disney must have reacted when the ending of Avengers: Infinity War was first revealed to them. ?So let me get this straight,? they might have said, visions of billions of dollars in lost merchandise revenue whirling in front of their eyes. ?You?re going to kill off half of all the superheroes in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, including the only guy ? Doctor Strange ? capable of bringing them back??In terms of far-out creative decisions, this one is right up there with Luke Skywalker?s declaration in Star Wars: The Last Jedi that he wanted nothing to do with laser sword-wielding space monks. Except that this time, we have to wait a whole year ? until the sequel to Infinity War ? to see if there?s any way of reversing it. Continue reading...
  • post Dancing with death: the murky ethics of filming people in life-threatening danger - 26 April
  • The Deminer follows a Kurdish mine-disposal expert as he risks life and limb every day. But are documentary-makers ? and the audience ? complicit?? Sign up for Film Today and get our film team?s highlights of the day Fakhir Berwari ? or ?Crazy Fakhir?, as the Americans dubbed the Kurdish Peshmerga colonel ? did some of the deadliest work on the planet. Without robots or blast suits, he disarmed thousands of mines; first in the aftermath of the second Gulf war, then, after a layoff enforced by the loss of his right leg, during the reconquest of Iraq from the Islamic State. The latter was more dangerous: Isis packed abandoned houses with IEDs in entranceways, under rubble, inside furniture. We see the colonel teetering from fatigue, but always ready to go the extra mile. ?Fakhir knew he was the fastest and the most experienced,? says Hogir Hirori, director of The Deminer. ?If he didn?t do it, then many more people would die.?The Deminer makes for nervous viewing. Each of the four detonations we see ratchets up the sense of inevitability. It?s not quite a snuff movie, though haunted by a similar balefulness. What moral responsibilities do documentary-makers have when their subject is a danger to himself? Continue reading...
  • post Nothing Like a Dame review ? Judi Dench and Maggie Smith trade brutal banter - 26 April
  • Dench, Smith, Eileen Atkins and Joan Plowright engage in a round-table war of theatrical anecdotes in this outrageously funny film? Sign up for Film Today and get our film team?s highlights of the dayThe laughter and pure hysteria are infectious in this wildly enjoyable film. I can?t for the life of me think of any other recent documentary in which I have laughed pretty much all the way through. It is nothing more nor less than an acerbic round-table chat between four of British theatre?s most famed dames: Judi Dench, Joan Plowright, Eileen Atkins and Maggie Smith, which takes place at the country home Plowright shared with her late husband, Laurence Olivier (I seem to remember it being the site of Melvyn Bragg?s South Bank Show special on Olivier in the 80s).This is basically an Avengers Infinity War of theatrical anecdotery: outrageously camp, with sensational stills and archive footage and very brisk assessment of the past ? utterly unsentimental. Why is it when female stars of this calibre appear in a fiction feature together it?s always a horribly twee ordeal ? when this shows they can be brutally funny? Continue reading...
  • post New York Times exposé of Harvey Weinstein to be made into movie - 26 April
  • The Pulitzer prize-winning work of two female journalists is to become a film in the mould of Spotlight and All the President?s Men ? Sign up for Film Today and get our film team?s highlights of the dayThe investigation by New York Times reporters into allegations of sexual misconduct against Harvey Weinstein that led to the downfall of the Hollywood mogul is to be made into a film.
    The as-yet-untitled project, to which no stars or directors are yet formally attached, will focus on the work of reporters Jodi Kantor and Megan Twohey, who faced down intimidation and threats to reveal the scale of abuse allegedly perpetrated by one of the most influential figures in modern cinema. Continue reading...
  • post Ken Loach should be denied doctorate, says Belgian PM in antisemitism row - 26 April
  • Charles Michel says comments about Israel mean the Free University of Brussels should drop plan to honour the film directorBelgium?s prime minister has criticised one of the country?s leading universities over its plan to honour the film director Ken Loach, following complaints that it has overlooked alleged antisemitism. In a speech at Brussels Grand Synagogue to mark the 70th anniversary of Israel?s foundation, Charles Michel said on Wednesday night that Loach?s comments about Israel and its policy towards Palestinians justified the withdrawal of the honour. Continue reading...
  • post Crazy Rich Asians: can the romcom be a gamechanger for representation? - 25 April
  • Hollywood has been reluctant to take a chance on east Asian and south-east Asian stories. But a seductive, crowd-pleasing comedy is following US TV?s lead in bringing their voices to the screen
    ? Sign up for Film Today and get our film team?s highlights of the dayI have been on my toes in anticipation for Crazy Rich Asians since Entertainment Weekly put the film?s stars, Constance Wu and Henry Golding, on its cover in November. It is 25 years since Wayne Wang?s Chinese-American family saga The Joy Luck Club and, ever since, Hollywood has largely avoided commissioning south-east Asian (SEA) and east Asian (EA) stories. But the movie?s seductive, funny trailer suggests it will mark an important moment for both communities? presence in the mainstream.Directed by John M Chu, adapting Kevin Kwan?s bestselling book, the film portrays the opulent lives of affluent south-east Asians through the conventional, commercial lens of romantic comedy. The all-Asian cast is led by Wu, best known for her role in US sitcom Fresh Off the Boat, playing an economics professor who travels with boyfriend Nick (British-Malaysian actor Golding) to Singapore for his best friend?s wedding only to discover he is the son of the richest families in town (?The Prince William of Asia?, as she calls him). Rachel has to navigate the Dynasty-like world of Singapore?s wealthy elite, and avoid the sharp tongue of Nick?s mother, Eleanor (Michelle Yeoh), who, in the words of Rachel?s brazen friend, played by the comedian Awkwafina, is just like an ?unrefined banana: yellow on the outside, white on the inside?. Continue reading...
  • post Verne Troyer, actor who was Mini-Me in Austin Powers films, dies aged 49 - 22 April
  • Family announces death on social media sitesStatement: ?Verne was an extremely caring individual?The actor Verne Troyer has died, according to a statement posted to his social media pages on Saturday. He was 49. Related: Verne Troyer: a cult star who sustained a career with dignity and good humour | Peter Bradshaw Continue reading...
  • post Jaws at a swimming pool, Gladiator at a castle: how outdoor cinema seduced Britain - 22 April
  • Despite the fickle British weather, ticket sales to watch films in the open air have tripled in three years? Sign up for Film Today and get our film team?s highlights of the dayBritain is in the middle of a boom in outdoor cinema, as people brave the unpredictable British climate to watch films ?on location? in castles, aircraft hangars and even beach huts.George Wood, founder of Britain?s biggest outdoor film company, the Luna Cinema, says ticket sales have tripled in the past three years. ?You strike gold when you can actually pair the film to the venue,? said Wood. Continue reading...
  • post Verne Troyer: a life in pictures - 21 April
  • Verne Troyer, who at 2ft 8in was one of the world?s shortest men, racked up 30 film credits in a career spanning 24 yearsActor who played Mini-Me in Austin Powers films dies age 49
    Continue reading...
  • post Natalie Portman pulls out of Israel award due to 'distressing recent events' there - 20 April
  • Jerusalem-born actor was due to receive 2018 Genesis prize but cancels saying she ?cannot in good conscience? attend ceremony
    ? Sign up for Film Today and get our film team?s highlights of the dayNatalie Portman has pulled out of a major award ceremony due to take place in Israel, citing her ?distress? at recent events in the country.Portman, who was born in Jerusalem and holds dual Israeli and US citizenship, was named in November as the recipient of the 2018 Genesis award, a yearly prize for ?outstanding achievement by individuals who have attained excellence and international renown in their chosen professional fields [who] embody the character of the Jewish people?. Continue reading...

* CinemaBlend

* Guardian - Film

* Recent Posts

Re: Sam Heughan 2005 by Luce
[Today at 02:25:31 AM]

Another Kind of Wedding by genie
[April 25, 2018, 06:21:20 PM]

Re: Sam Heughan 2005 by genie
[April 25, 2018, 05:54:30 PM]

Re: Sam Heughan 2005 by genie
[April 25, 2018, 05:38:03 PM]

Re: Sam Heughan 2005 by DCM