* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 10
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Downloads for Forum Members

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 14
  • stats Total Posts: 8751
  • stats Total Topics: 1466
  • stats Total Categories: 4
  • stats Total Boards: 22
  • stats Most Online: 62

Author Topic: Crosswalk the Musical: Beauty and the Beast  (Read 361 times)

Oso

• Royalty
Crosswalk the Musical: Beauty and the Beast
« on: March 19, 2017, 04:09:08 PM »
James Corden is hysterical.  He does Carpool Kareoke and has a late night TV show.

DCM

• Royalty
Re: Crosswalk the Musical: Beauty and the Beast
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2017, 04:26:45 PM »
I don't like James Corden, but I looove Beauty and the Beast. This was hilarious  :369:

genie

• Monarch
  • Royalty
  • Still Beautiful
Re: Crosswalk the Musical: Beauty and the Beast
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2017, 07:31:09 PM »
Wasn't he in lord of the rings?

Luke Evans made it worth it.  I loved him in Dracula Untold.

That Cordon guy reminds me of Peter Pan.  It looks like he never grew up.

* BBC Films

* The Guardian (Film)

• post British cinema's gender imbalance worse in 2017 than 1913, says BFI study - 20 September
  • BFI?s new Filmography survey shows 31% of actors cast in films produced 104 years ago were women, with 2017?s figure 30%In the century or so since the birth of British cinema, moviegoers have enjoyed the advent of sound, colour, 3D, and pick?n?mix. But according to an exhaustive new survey of film history, the industry?s historically lopsided gender balance has barely changed.In ?depressing? statistics released as part of the BFI?s Filmography of British film on Wednesday, 31% of actors cast in films produced in 1913 were women; in 2017 the proportion is actually lower despite increased public attention, at 30%. Continue reading...
  • post Lawrence of Arabia review ? David Lean's sandy epic still radiates greatness - 20 September
  • Peter O?Toole?s impossibly charismatic debut performance remains a mesmeric marvel in this digitally restored version of the exhilarating historical dramaDavid Lean?s magnificent and sensual 1962 epic is back at London?s BFI Southbank in a digitally restored 70mm print. Robert Bolt and Michael Wilson?s terrifically bold adaptation of TE Lawrence?s Seven Pillars of Wisdom is a movie with all the sweep and antique confidence of a cavalry charge. Lean demonstrated a mastery of storytelling structure, scale, perspective-shifting, the intense closeup moment, the colossal widescreen panorama ? epitomised by the film?s most famous coup de cinéma: having accepted his commission to go out to the Middle East with the Arab bureau in the first world war, and allowed audiences to savour his marvellous profile, Peter O?Toole?s Lawrence blows out a match and the scene changes to the burning desert at sunrise. The screen is ablaze. The dunes undulate in the heat, and Maurice Jarre?s score ululates along with it. Continue reading...
  • post The Lego Ninjago Movie review - zippy spinoff brings familiar, forgettable fun - 20 September
  • The third movie in the surprisingly astute toy-based franchise covers similar ground but at such a fast pace, it?s impossible to be boredFor a while, it became understandably easy to ridicule Hollywood studios for buying up the rights for essentially anything they could find. Transformers! A ouija board! Angry Birds! That bit of chicken you just spat out! The madness was contagious and so was the desire to write thinkpieces about how it was all signaling the official end of originality and quite possibly the apocalypse. Related: Sorry, Batfleck: Lego Batman is the only Dark Knight that matters now Continue reading...
  • post Tomb Raider: is the Alicia Vikander reboot just Gap Yah: The Movie? - 20 September
  • A privileged young white woman gallivants around the developing world in search of adventure ? is it Lara Croft or White Saviour Barbie?Remember White Saviour Barbie? It was big on Instagram last year. White Saviour Barbie only had one joke, but it was a doozy: it followed the adventures of a wide-eyed Barbie doll as she travelled through the developing world on a gap year in the naive assumption that she was somehow helping. ?What better way to bless the villagers than a fresh coat of paint?!? she asked in one post. ?Many of them don?t know the calming effect that just the right color can provide. I?m just doing what I can to help these huts become homes?.White Saviour Barbie is so popular that they?ve now made a movie about her, starring Alicia Vikander. True, they?ve called the movie Tomb Raider for some reason, but anyone with half a brain can see from the trailer that it?s really about White Saviour Barbie. Let?s run through some quick comparisons. Continue reading...
  • post Sarah Connor returns: Linda Hamilton to star in Terminator 6 after 25-year absence - 20 September
  • Latest instalment of the franchise will see Hamilton reunited with Arnold Schwarzenegger and original creator James CameronLinda Hamilton is the latest name to return to the Terminator films, more than 25 years since her last appearance as the series? robot-battling heroine Sarah Connor.The actor?s return was announced by Terminator creator James Cameron at a private event celebrating the franchise, according to the Hollywood Reporter. Hamilton will reprise her role as Connor in the as-yet-untitled sixth instalment of the series, which will see her reunited with Arnold Schwarzenegger, whose own appearance in Terminator 6 was confirmed earlier this year. Cameron will produce and Deadpool?s Tim Miller will direct the film, which is being treated as a direct sequel to 1991?s Terminator 2: Judgment Day, and is being eyed up as the first instalment of a new trilogy. Continue reading...
  • post The state of the Oscars race: who's in the lead after the big film festivals? - 19 September
  • With Venice and Toronto out of the way, there?s an ultra-competitive best actress race shaping up ? but a lack of major best picture contendersBy the end of September last year, after the annual onslaught of festival premieres, we?d already seen seven of the year?s nine best picture nominees. Again, we?re back at the informed speculation stage: the reviews are in, the first trophies have been handed out and we can start to assemble a loose, yet likely, list of potential candidates.The race officially kicked off in January and although Sundance has become a less reliable starting point for awards-friendly films, this year did offer up three major contenders. The most ecstatic reviews were given to I Am Love director Luca Guadagnino?s heartfelt gay romance Call Me by Your Name, which also received special notices for leads Armie Hammer and breakout star Timothee Chalamet. Both could be in with a chance but the buzz is strongest around A Serious Man star Michael Stuhlbarg who is close to being a best supporting actor lock for an emotive, much-talked-about scene at the end of the film. Continue reading...
  • post Stephen King's It scares off competition at UK box office as Mother! divides and falls - 19 September
  • A pair of horror films met contrasting fates at cinemas in a week that saw a royal return for Judi Dench and inexplicable longevity for The Emoji Movie With Ł22.2m grossed from just 10 days of cinema play, Stephen King adaptation It is already well on the way to becoming the biggest horror movie of all time at the UK box office. Second-frame takings of Ł6.07m showed a fall of 38% from the opening session ? a remarkably low rate of decline for a horror picture. Continue reading...
  • post Heroes to zeroes: the Batman and Superman movies that never were - 19 September
  • Thanks to the current trend for ?what if? comic-book flicks, abandoned concepts from Tim Burton and Darren Aronofsky now look far less bizarreHollywood history is littered with the corpses of unmade superhero movies, destined only ever to be mentioned when a franchise slips into decay and is looking for a fresh way to breathe life into Superman, Batman, Spider-Man or whichever masked titan has currently hit the skids. And so it is perhaps inevitable this week that we are once again locked in the DC mortuary, staring at what might have been if Tim Burton and Darren Aronofsky had been allowed to pursue their respective superhero visions in what now seems like another era entirely.Few would argue that either the caped crusader or the man of steel is currently top of the DC tree, following the meat-headed, convoluted mess that was last year?s Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. But does that mean we are viewing Burton?s aborted mid-1990s pitch for Superman Lives, starring Nicolas Cage as the last son of Krypton, or Darren Aronofsky?s Batman: Year One, which would have cast Joaquin Phoenix as the dark knight in 2002, with rose-tinted x-ray vision? Continue reading...
  • post Kingsman: The Golden Circle review ? spy sequel reaches new heights of skyscraping silliness - 18 September
  • The follow-up to Matthew Vaughn?s action caper ups the ante with a starry cast including Channing Tatum, Julianne Moore and Elton John. It might just be too much of a good thingJames who? While 007 has been on extended annual leave as a result of Daniel Craig?s cold feet, Taron Egerton?s thoroughly less urbane secret agent Eggsy Unwin has managed to thoroughly outdo him, with Matthew Vaughn?s sequel to his hit 2015 comedy-thriller doubling down on the qualities that marked its predecessor out from the superspy pack: more star-filled, more gleefully grisly, and reaching new heights of skyscraping silliness.
    Related: The Disaster Artist review ? James Franco's ode to bad film-making is a riot Continue reading...
  • post What the F? How Mother! joined the 'bad movie' club - 18 September
  • Filmgoers have handed the film the lowest possible rating, putting it among a select group of F-rated movies that includes the Nic Cage remake of The Wicker Man. Can the Jennifer Lawrence horror really be ?the worst film of the century??At the very beginning of last week?s Toronto film festival, all I wanted to talk about with anyone was the movie I had just seen: Darren Aronofsky?s crazily brilliant and audacious horror-thriller Mother!, all about the couple, played by Jennifer Lawrence and Javier Bardem, to whom bad stuff happens at an exponential rate.My friend Col Needham, founder and chief executive of the Internet Movie Database, smiled and told me: ?Do you know, I think it?s a Schrödinger?s movie. Inside the box, there?s a film that is very good and very bad at the same time.? Perhaps in that spirit, the Toronto Globe and Mail noncommittally settled on two different star ratings for Mother!: one star (?for the Aronofsky agnostic?) and four stars (?for the Aronofsky acolyte?). I myself had been an agnostic since Aronofsky?s previous, middling film about Noah. Continue reading...

* CinemaBlend

* Guardian - Film

* Recent Posts

* Calendar

September 2017
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

No calendar events were found.