* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 5
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Downloads for Forum Members

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 9
  • stats Total Posts: 8711
  • stats Total Topics: 1414
  • stats Total Categories: 4
  • stats Total Boards: 24
  • stats Most Online: 57

Author Topic: Coming Soon (from me)  (Read 653 times)

genie

• Monarch
  • Royalty
  • Merlin's Dragon
Coming Soon (from me)
« on: April 11, 2017, 11:50:07 AM »
The Noble Coachman

On a day of beauty and celebration, the life of one young Viscount Trevor Caldwell is irrevocably set off course when a heinous tragedy besets upon his family. Questioning his role; self-imposed guilt is heaped upon him, Trevor elects to abandon his home and station. Now living in London, under a different name and occupation, he embarks on a path of worlds beyond the life he once knew, entrenched in mystery, intrigue, and a new chance for love.
However, as he rides under the shroud of anonymity, he soon discovers that all roads lead back to that one  horrid day. Led by clues, haunted by his memories, he determines to seek retribution.  With all he holds dear, once again under threat he calls on himself and his allies, both living and departed, as he engineers a new path for redemption.

But is this quest for revenge worth his nobility? His word? His honor ?

genie

• Monarch
  • Royalty
  • Merlin's Dragon
Re: Coming Soon (from me)
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2017, 11:51:42 AM »
I'll show you the illustrated cover once I do the copyright form.

Also, now writing under my own name,  here is my new website underway  Gene Bohn Novels

Luce

• Royalty
  • I've never been so happy in all my life...
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2017, 04:56:43 AM »
Nice, very nice!
QUEEN UNDER THE MOUNTAIN

Oso

• Royalty
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2017, 04:58:01 PM »
You've been busy!  And your name is "Gene"?!  Not Genie?  Or are you doing a Bronte and using a male name? umm::

genie

• Monarch
  • Royalty
  • Merlin's Dragon
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2017, 08:59:45 AM »
You've been busy!  And your name is "Gene"?!  Not Genie?  Or are you doing a Bronte and using a male name? umm::

You knew my real name is Gene, didn't you?
In only two generations on my maternal side, there are 4 Gene females.  I was named after my mother's sister.  I had a great uncle who spelled his Jean.  Go figure.

Luce

• Royalty
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2017, 03:20:17 PM »
Somehow, I can't imagine you dancing and singing in the rain. LOL
QUEEN UNDER THE MOUNTAIN

genie

• Monarch
  • Royalty
  • Merlin's Dragon
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2017, 05:03:44 PM »
Somehow, I can't imagine you dancing and singing in the rain. LOL

Dancing? Maybe.  Singing? Never.

genie

• Monarch
  • Royalty
  • Merlin's Dragon
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2017, 03:59:44 PM »
Going online soon.

genie

• Monarch
  • Royalty
  • Merlin's Dragon
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2017, 07:46:24 PM »
Ok, the site is up. The book is ready, but no one knows me.  LOL

Just thought you'd like to see the sight.

Gene Bohn Novels

Luce

• Royalty
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2017, 03:15:27 AM »
One copy en route to Belgium!
QUEEN UNDER THE MOUNTAIN

genie

• Monarch
  • Royalty
  • Merlin's Dragon
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2017, 07:28:01 AM »
One copy en route to Belgium!

Oh my.  Thank you.
I'm still waiting on my own copies. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. The characters just created their own selves.  Funny how that happens.

Luce

• Royalty
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2017, 10:24:38 AM »
Yeah, sometimes a book gets away from you and you end up writing something you don't want. It takes a lot of courage to just delete the whole stuff and re-write it.
QUEEN UNDER THE MOUNTAIN

genie

• Monarch
  • Royalty
  • Merlin's Dragon
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2017, 11:38:26 AM »
Yeah, sometimes a book gets away from you and you end up writing something you don't want. It takes a lot of courage to just delete the whole stuff and re-write it.
I usually just follow the characters and not start over.

This was strange writing this book.  I was about 3/4 of the way through when my sister was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer. That set me back almost a year and a half. Finally, I pulled it up on my screen and began writing again. I came to the end seeing about 400 pages and totally overlooked I was in manuscript mode, writing in double spaced lines. Once I collasped into novel form, I was at 197 pages.
Too short. So I went back and expanded on areas I felt were too short but left them because I thought the book was running long.  Then, duh, I realized I had never set my margins and my paragraphs had no indent.  Geesh....  After sumbitting my first proof and cover, I was told my spine margin was too little, so I had to indent the gutter margins more - therein making the book longer. What a nightmare. I was looking to make it around 300 pages but it came in at nearly 400 pages. I think the only thing I did right were the font and size.

I think I read, proofed, and finessed it a dozen times. I remember originally I wanted to end it, so that I could write a second or third in a series, but ended up tying all the loose threads. I can go on to another series from where it left off, but my plans had been different.

Oso

• Royalty
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2017, 11:36:26 AM »
I will order my copy too!  Looks good Genie!

Can I order it from Amazon?

genie

• Monarch
  • Royalty
  • Merlin's Dragon
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2017, 12:08:44 PM »
I will order my copy too!  Looks good Genie!

Can I order it from Amazon?

Gee, I didn't really expect either of you to order it.  Yes, It's on Amazon.  Thanks.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=the+noble+coachman

* BBC Films

* The Guardian (Film)

• post Juno Temple: ?Blackpool is like Reno, not flashy like Vegas, there?s a sense of Arcadian gambling? - 25 May
  • The actor stars alongside Timothy Spall in Away, a new drama set in the seaside town. Did the Lancashire resort?s ?magic? help her get over HBO cancelling Vinyl?Hello Juno. How are you feeling?I?m good. I had tonsillitis. Continue reading...
  • post 'One of nature?s true gentlemen': your Roger Moore stories - 25 May
  • Guardian readers share their stories of meeting the legendary James Bond actor, who has died at the age of 89
    In the summer of 1982 a man asked if I was a Sikh and if I wore a turban. He had phoned to book a disco as I ran a mobile disco with my brother, so I wondered what my religion had to do with things. He told me he was from Eon Studios, the company behind the James Bond film franchise.
    Continue reading...
  • post Good Time review - Robert Pattinson sticks up for his brother in chaotic heist movie - 25 May
  • Pattinson turns in a strong performance as a career crim in the Safdie brothers? exciting, if sometimes bewildering take on Elmore Leonard-style crime dramas Related: A Gentle Creature review - brutally realist drama offers up a pilgrimage of suffering Law And Order is a favourite TV show for a lot of people in this film. But what can those two exotic concepts mean to them? The Safdie brothers have directed a sometimes funny, sometimes bewildering odyssey of crime-chaos and crime-incompetence, co-written by Josh Safdie and Ronald Bronstein; they borrow some tropes and images from Elmore Leonard. Continue reading...
  • post The Red Turtle review ? a desert island movie to bask in - 25 May
  • This Studio Ghibli co-production with its zen-like minimalism offers a magical, meditative take on Robinson CrusoeLess is a whole lot more with this palate-cleansing animation, which sets itself apart from its caffeinated Hollywood counterparts with a minimalist, meditative approach. Jointly made by Japan?s Studio Ghibli and European backers, it is like a zen variation on Robinson Crusoe. A man is washed up on an archetypal desert island. Repeated attempts to sail away bring him into contact with a mysterious giant turtle, out of which a surprising companionship magically develops. The story operates at the level of a universal myth, free of dialogue or specifics, subtly alluding to more essential, existential matters. The simple, uncluttered images do the rest. This is a movie to bask in, and we?re given the space to do so. Characters are often dwarfed in lush expanses of sea, sky or forest, and there?s a delight in small details: a Greek chorus of scuttling crabs, the lapping of waves on the shore. There are moments of violence, too ? this is no therapeutic screen-saver. The experience is captivating, transcendental even. Continue reading...
  • post Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Long Haul review ? road trip to nowhere - 25 May
  • A fourth big-screen outing for the amiable family franchise features a new cast but it?s run out of funFaced with ageing or refusenik performers, the amiable family franchise?s fourth big-screen outing elects for ruthless, root-and-branch recasting. Alicia Silverstone and Tom Everett Scott are new and 33% blander as the Heffley elders, while Jason Drucker succeeds Zachary Gordon as eponymous weakling Greg, here caught plotting to reroute the clan?s road trip towards a much-anticipated gaming expo. Returning director David Bowers gives it sporadic pep: there?s a fun Psycho homage, and CGI projectile vomit. Elsewhere the books? stick-figure illustrations get converted into banal, overlit, primetime sitcom images, and the endless off-route wheelspinning makes that subtitle lamentably apt. For once, it?ll be the grownups asking the kids: ?Are we there yet?? Continue reading...
  • post What we learned from Vanity Fair's Star Wars: The Last Jedi issue - 24 May
  • The magazine?s latest issue offers an in-depth look at the highly anticipated sequel. From Leia?s role to the remote planet of Ahch-To, here?s what it revealedThe closer we get to the release of Star Wars: The Last Jedi this December, the more JJ Abrams? achievement on The Force Awakens begins to crystallize. That cliffhanging final scene ? with Daisy Ridley?s Rey reaching out to a mute, disbelieving Luke Skywalker on the remote planet of Ahch-To ? left Rian Johnson with the perfect platform to go deeper into the new Star Wars galaxy in part two. Vanity Fair?s latest issue offers an in-depth look at the highly-anticipated sequel to Abrams? blockbuster megalith. Here are six takeaways from the magazine?s extensive behind-the-scenes view. Related: 40 years of Star Wars ? why the blockbuster saga is the greatest soap opera in the galaxy Continue reading...
  • post I Am Not a Witch review ? straight-faced satire on Zambian witchcraft casts a spell - 25 May
  • First time feature from Welsh-Zambian director Rungano Nyoni is a charming study of an orphan whose supposed magic powers are a goldmine for venal officialsZambian-born Welsh director Rungano Nyoni has delivered a pulsingly odd and strikingly original debut: a tale of dogma, prejudice and corruption in the country of her birth. It?s a strange witches brew of deadpan farce and arthouse stillness that some will find exasperating, and it?s not without its missteps; but there?s a confidence and clarity of vision that?s hard not to admire, especially for a first feature.Events open with Shula (Maggie Mulubwa), a shy and inexpressive orphan, being accused by her fellow townspeople of witchcraft: one woman has alleged that she made her trip over while carrying a bucket of water, and a man has backed up her allegation with his own account of the girl chopping of his arm with an axe. (Said arm has miraculously reattached itself by the time he makes this claim.) A gloriously droll police officer indulges these accusations with a mix of apathy and outright disdain, but the will of the people is clear, and Shula is exiled from the town. Continue reading...
  • post Dina Merrill obituary - 25 May
  • Heiress and philanthropist who became a Hollywood star playing poised, upper-class womenThere has seldom been more closeness between an acting career and a lifestyle than that of Dina Merrill, who has died aged 93. As an heiress, socialite and philanthropist, Merrill had little trouble portraying upper-crust women in films and television. Her patrician allure led her to be proclaimed ?Hollywood?s new Grace Kelly? in 1959. Alas, Merrill was seldom given the chance to shine as much as the star who became a princess. Nevertheless, she had a long career in films from the mid-50s to the mid-60s, and appeared regularly on television from 1955.Perhaps she was best known on the big screen as Tony Curtis?s love interest in Blake Edwards? Operation Petticoat (1959). The action comedy starred Cary Grant, who had been married to Merrill?s cousin, the Woolworth heiress Barbara Hutton. Almost as celebrated was her role as the love rival of Elizabeth Taylor?s character in Butterfield 8 (1960). Despite having won the best actress Oscar for her role, Taylor herself referred to the melodrama as ?a piece of shit?. Merrill, who often brought class to tawdry material, was far too ladylike to use such language. Continue reading...
  • post A Gentle Creature review - brutally realist drama offers up a pilgrimage of suffering - 24 May
  • A nightmare journey to a Siberian prison provides the backdrop to Sergei Loznitsa?s powerful and severe filmAt an early stage in Sergei Loznitsa?s A Gentle Creature, one minor character proposes a toast: ?To our enormous suffering!? And the whole film is in some sense pledged or consecrated to this Russian pain, unknowable and unassuageable, that makes its devotees drunk with fear and dismay. A Gentle Creature is a brutally realist movie ? at least at first ? that takes its heroine on a pilgrimage into the vast, trackless forest of national suffering. Yet it does this with an unsettling, accelerating pattern of eerie coincidences and echoes, which finally mutates into a kind of satirical expressionism ? a set-piece flourish which some might consider a bit of a narrative evasion or even an undermining of that basis of authenticity on which we had understood the movie. But it certainly provides a convulsive, if not cathartic kind of horror. Related: The Beguiled review ? Sofia Coppola contrives hilariously fraught feminist psychodrama Continue reading...
  • post Cannes 2017 day eight: Nicole Kidman and Sofia Coppola on the red carpet ? in pictures - 24 May
  • Day eight at Cannes, and the high profile premieres were The Beguiled, directed by Coppola, and the sculptor biopic Rodin from Jacques Doillon
    Continue reading...

* CinemaBlend

* Guardian - Film

* Recent Posts

* Calendar

May 2017
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27
28 29 30 31