This is a list of what a woman looks for today in a Gentleman.
01. Respectful – Educated – Courteous – Punctual – Always Well Groomed – Polite
02. Seats himself last when a group goes out to diner or other group occasions
03. Tips well and discreetly
04. Does not curse, interrupt, speak loudly or lose his temper
05. Does not laugh at others mistakes or embarrassments
06. Does not groom himself in public
07. Always insists on carrying or doing the heavier part of any job
08. Generous where he can be
09. Any affection is done privately, with the exception of an arm around the waist, hand holding and a peck on the cheek.
10. Only light social drinking
11. Has an approachable demeanor, smiles, makes good conversation. (Though we may love the brooding Darcy, he was initially accused of behavior unbecoming a gentleman.)
12. Has an air of confidence about him in the way he speaks and carries himself, without appearing conceited, arrogant, or superior.
13. Holds doors open until the rest of his party have entered or exited.
14. Knows how to disagree without being disagreeable.
15. Keeps his language and humour clean – no cheesy lines or dirty jokes, especially in the presence of elders.
16. When necessary offers his seat to another.
17. Always lowers the toilet seat after using it.
18. Does random acts of kindness without being asked and without expecting anything in return.