9 Guests, 0 Users
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

December 01, 2020,

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Smileys

Recent Topics

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 619
  • Total Topics: 184
  • Online Today: 14
  • Online Ever: 324
  • (January 21, 2020, )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 9
Total: 9

Author Topic: How are you?  (Read 1333 times)

Nath

• View Profile
How are you?
« on: October 20, 2020, »
Hi my friends! How are you overcoming this new wave of pandemic? The information coming from european countries and USA is very alarming. We are having more infected than in the spring  / beginning of the summer period, and the peak is expected in November. A lot of my aquaintances have already been taken ill, though nobody has been taken to a hospital becase the decease was not in the severe form. But still there is statistics about those who has been taken ill severely and there are reported deaths.
I have closed my summer season in the country. In the city people over 65 years are strongly recommended to stay indoors, and vacations at schooles have been prolonged by two weeks. There is no end to this danger!
Hope very much that all of you are in good health!

genie

• Administrator
  • oof!
    • View Profile
Re: How are you?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2020, »
Hi Nath, always good to hear you are well and still with us.

My state along with several others was severely hit (% wise) from the beginning.  We are having a second round of lock-downs but Florida hasn't achieved its original number. 

It is my opinion that the elder crowd, for which there are many, are being cautious and staying in.  Personally, I have put gas in my car once in the last 8 months. Being a high-tech state as well, I believe a lot of the workforce can work from home.  My son in Maryland has been working from home since the beginning - and actually putting in 7 -8 hours a day on the computer.

Of course, Florida thrives on the tourists which aren't here - but that hasn't stopped a lot of youngish age people to go and pack the beaches all the time.

I still don't see a light at the end of the tunnel.  Keep safe.

Nath

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2020, »
Genie I am glad to learn you are safe.
Here too, a lot of people are working from homes. So does my husband, making some classes on Skype.
Fines have been announced for people not wearing masks in the metro or on a bus. After that more people in metro started wearing masks.
But still there is a lot of people who are careless.
I have not seen my friends for months, we only communicate by phone! This is really frustrating.

Luce

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2020, »
Hi Nath! Glad to hear that you're still watching over us, old biddies!

Here in Belgium, it's disaster, as usual. Good thing is, like Genie says, old people are cautious and staying inside as much as is possible.
Youngsters, on the other hand, have no discipline at all!
The government has decided on closing cafes and restaurants for a month. We have a curfew from midnight until five am, which isn't severe enough, if you ask me.

Hermy and I are doing okay, so I mean to keep it up like this!

Nath

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2020, »
Hi Luce! Glad to know that you and Hermy are safe. Take care. And of course I am watching the forum becausr this group of people is very special for me. How is your italian? I am know trying to learn french, I find it more difficult than italian, LOL!  Ce serait génial de vous parler un jour en français, même si je comprends que c'est peu probable pour de nombreuses raisons.  :D (I wish I could talk to you in french one day...)

Luce

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2020, »
Ne t'inquiète pas, ça va aller parfaitement! (don't worry, it'll go smoothly!)

Man, my French is rusty! Probably because we couldn't go to the Champagne region to stock up! LOL

Nath

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2020, »
 :)

Oso

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2020, »
Hey!  Glad to hear that you’re all safe and sound!  Best to stay out and not travel unless you absolutely have to.

I had 6 months off, but had to return to work this month. I flew 2 trips and got sick. I had a flu shot and thought that maybe it was Covid19, but after having the test it turned out negative, so it was a strain of flu not covered under the flu vaccine.

My hubby has been busy with his annual Halloween display. The Santa Ana winds are supposed to kick up and I’m hoping they don’t blow everything over!

I’m currently in the Midwest helping take care of my mother. She fell last week and broke a vertebrae in her back. Her Alzheimer’s is getting much worse, but we’ve reviewed options for her care and memory care facilities have 15 minute visitation rules per day and my dad can’t do that. So we have in-home care for now and she is happiest at home.

My kids are all doing well. None of them are in prison, so that makes me very happy!   ;)

genie

• Administrator
  • oof!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2020, »
Oso, my son flew to Yuma last week on American.  I thought that didn't sound like one of your flights.  Course he's back to 14 days plastic wrap. Not good hearing about your flu.  They're all pretty nasty.

Luce

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2020, »
Oh, Oso, your mum! So sad to hear that she fell. A good thing that she's got home caring. I hear horrible things about what's happening in old people's homes today. Like you said, they're not allowed to have visits and that is probably more lethal than old age troubles.
Keep safe!

Nath

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2020, »
Dear Oso!  Sorry to hear about your flu and about your mom!  Evidently flu shots were obligatory in your case. I once did that, years ago, and that very season I fell ill with flu very badly, like never before or after. Looks like they have difficulty to ptedict which type of flu is coming.
It's nice to know that Jeff and your children are OK!
Keep safe!

blueeyedbookworm

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2020, »
Sorry to hear you've been sick, Oso! Good that it wasn't COVID, but still no fun I'm sure!! So sorry to hear about your mom's health troubles, too. That's good that an in-home care option is working well for her.

We're doing pretty well here too--staying pretty healthy, and getting settled into the new house, which we've been in for about a month! We really love it (despite having to replace the old furnace already, ha...), and it's starting to feel like home. As far as pandemic-times are concerned, I go back and forth between mostly enjoying the solitude that this time is making mandatory, and feeling so tired of it all and wishing we were on the other side of it already. I'm confident there will be an "other side," but I just hope it's coming soon!

Luce

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2020, »
Hi BEB!

It will all pass, never fear.
I know that these times are anything but pleasant but I see it also as an advantage. After all this, we will again know how to enjoy the little things in life, family, friends, culture and travels, but on a smaller size, I hope.

Good to hear you all, ladies!

blueeyedbookworm

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2020, »
Hi BEB!

It will all pass, never fear.
I know that these times are anything but pleasant but I see it also as an advantage. After all this, we will again know how to enjoy the little things in life, family, friends, culture and travels, but on a smaller size, I hope.

Good to hear you all, ladies!

Hi Luce!  :)

You are so right! I keep reminding myself that no matter what it seems like some days, this won't last forever. And I agree--there are so many things we won't take for granted anymore! And as difficult and scary as it all is, I really do believe that it's times like these that lead to important, life-saving discoveries and innovations that we wouldn't have had otherwise. We humans are nothing if not resilient, after all!