* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 16
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Downloads for Forum Members

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 13
  • stats Total Posts: 10493
  • stats Total Topics: 1812
  • stats Total Categories: 6
  • stats Total Boards: 27
  • stats Most Online: 92

Author Topic: Victoria Christmas special  (Read 1451 times)

DCM

• Royalty
Victoria Christmas special
« on: December 31, 2017, 11:00:24 AM »
Genie, did you know that there was a Christmas special episode of Victoria?
The 1.5 hr special aired on Christmas Day

I've got it recorded, but haven't watched it yet because I've still got to watch the final episode of series 2

It's also been renewed for a third series, coming in 2018

genie

• Monarch
  • Royalty
  • oof!
Re: Victoria Christmas special
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2017, 02:27:58 PM »
Thanks.  Yes, I did know but forgot the Christmas one.  I haven't started on S2 yet.  I've been trying to catch up with Outlander.

DCM

• Royalty
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2017, 02:42:21 PM »
I haven't watched any of series 3 of Outlander yet  :fav283:

genie

• Monarch
  • Royalty
  • oof!
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2017, 08:21:31 PM »

I'll see your bet and say I haven't watched series 2 yet.  LOL  Well... I'm a couple episodes into it.

blueeyedbookworm

• Royalty
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2018, 08:59:00 PM »

I'll see your bet and say I haven't watched series 2 yet.  LOL  Well... I'm a couple episodes into it.

Same here! We stopped paying for Starz after season 1, so it's been tough to find a chance to watch the latest ones...I've only seen 2 or 3 episodes of season 2. I have plans to watch more this weekend with a friend of mine, though!

Luce

• Royalty
  • I've never been so happy in all my life...
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2018, 03:41:13 AM »
I can't understand why you all can wait so long!

Oh, well ... I'm retired and the winter evenings are long. I simply HAVE to watch it right away!
QUEEN UNDER THE MOUNTAIN

* BBC Films

* The Guardian (Film)

• post Should we be surprised by John Wayne's racist and homophobic views? | Caspar Salmon - 20 February
  • The online commentary about a Playboy interview unearthed from 1971 shows a lack of education about the western actor, his times and even American historyDusting itself off after the excitement of Liam Neeson?s racist meltdown, the film world has settled on its next talking point, an old interview of John Wayne, recently dug up, in which the actor is revealed to have been racist and homophobic. ˇEscándalo!In the interview with Playboy magazine from 1971, the actor born Marion Morrison states, among other things ?I believe in white supremacy? and calls Midnight Cowboy ?a story about two fags?. Shocking stuff from an actor famous for his contribution to the notoriously liberal cowboys and indians genre, who supported Richard Nixon, and directed The Green Berets in support of the US Army during the Vietnam war. Who would have thought? While these views appear shocking now, they aren?t a particular point of astonishment to anybody who knows anything about Wayne, or cinema, or history. Continue reading...
  • post Cold Pursuit review ? Liam Neeson revenge thriller leaves a bad taste - 21 February
  • The actor?s real-life revelation intensifies the discomfort of this violent drama about a snowplough driver hunting his son?s murdererEven without Liam Neeson?s bizarre promotional ?rape revenge? anecdote, this violent movie would leave a weird taste in the mouth, lumbered as it is with odd sub-Coen, sub-Tarantino stylings.As all the world knows, Neeson caused universal embarrassment in the run-up to the film?s release by regaling an interviewer with a bizarre recovered memory, perhaps most tactfully described as unverifiable. Decades ago he allegedly stalked the streets looking for a black man to beat up, because a black man had raped his friend ? before nobly thinking better of it. Neeson evidently expected to be congratulated on his righteous machismo, then on his maturity in turning away from violence, and finally on his alleged honesty about racism, having belatedly grasped that point in the ensuing row. Continue reading...
  • post On the Basis of Sex review ? Ruth Bader Ginsburg starts her ascent - 20 February
  • Felicity Jones plays the real-life US supreme court justice in a watchable drama about her personal struggle against injustice and prejudiceThere?s a bit of ham and cheese in this forthright, likable biopic celebrating the early career of legendary lawyer and supreme court justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg. The director is Mimi Leder, experienced in socking over the action in pictures like The Peacemaker (1997) and Deep Impact (1998) and efficiently dotting the i?s and crossing the t?s of every scene in her work on TV shows such as The West Wing and ER.Well, by-the-numbers this might be, but it?s watchable and sympathetic, with Felicity Jones and Armie Hammer sweetly idealistic in the youthful roles of Ruth and her devoted husband, Martin. Continue reading...
  • post From Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 to Ken Park: films that failed the censorship test - 20 February
  • Australia has a long history of banning films, but many of those blocked in the past are now easily available to watch
    Tobe Hooper?s 1986 film, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2, was made available to stream on Stan on 9 February. But for 20 years the film wasn?t even allowed in the country: it was banned by the Australian Classification Board, with the ban only being lifted in 2006.In the cool, calm light of 2019 it seems ludicrous that a film like this, a gory but broad black comedy starring Dennis Hopper, a sequel to Hooper?s 1974 film of the same name, could be deemed unfit for the delicate sensibilities of Australian audiences. But then and now, both the Board and the Australian Federal Police took the importing of contraband media very seriously. Continue reading...
  • post Don?t stop at The Departed?s rat: six other movie scenes that should be cut - 20 February
  • The car visible in the background in Braveheart? Kevin Spacey in Baby Driver? The money must be raised via Kickstarter to excise these and other crimes against film-makingThe Departed is Martin Scorsese?s financially most successful film, and the only one to earn him a best director Oscar. And yet, thanks to its final shot, it might also his most divisive. Fans have long decried the fact that a movie in which police officers and criminals rat on each other ends with a ham-fisted shot of a real rat scurrying across a railing.Now they are doing something about it; a Kickstarter campaign has been launched to digitally erase the rat from The Departed, permanently undoing cinema?s most heavy-handed metaphor. This feels like the start of a movement; no longer is the power to retcon beloved films confined to the likes of George Lucas and JK Rowling. Someone, please, initiate Kickstarters to erase these other movie missteps: Continue reading...
  • post Capernaum review ? lost boy rages at an unjust world - 20 February
  • In Nadine Labaki?s powerful drama, a Beirut child sues his parents for giving birth to him ? before ending up on the street caring for a stranger?s babySince its premiere at Cannes last May, this heart-wrenching movie from Lebanese director Nadine Labaki has won prizes and golden opinions and is a nominee for best foreign language film at this weekend?s Oscars. It is the story of a Beirut street kid who has run away from his unhappy, abusive home; he is befriended by an Ethiopian woman working as a cleaner without legal papers and gets to stay with her in return for minding her baby while she is out at work. But when she is picked up by police, he has to head off back to the streets, taking the baby with him ? and is confronted by some terrible choices. Related: Nadine Labaki: ?I really believe cinema can effect social change? Continue reading...
  • post Alec Baldwin fears for family's safety after Trump 'retribution' threats - 21 February
  • In Dworkin Report podcast, SNL sketch actor wonders what ?retribution? will look like, and jokes about jail for Trump JrAlec Baldwin has spoken of his fear that Donald Trump is stirring up some supporters to exact ?retribution? against him for his satirical performance of the president on Saturday Night Live, saying the president ?signals people? to become angry and bitter ?and then the actions flow from there?.The actor also offered a joking reply to Donald Trump Jnr who tweeted that Baldwin?s claims he was afraid for his safety were ?bullshit?, saying the president?s son would have ?a lot of time to watch SNL? in prison. Continue reading...
  • post Chris Hemsworth to play Hulk Hogan in big-screen biopic - 20 February
  • Thor star to take on famed wrestler in film from Hangover director Todd Phillips that will focus on Hogan?s origin storyChris Hemsworth is to take on the role of Hulk Hogan in a new biopic.According to the Hollywood Reporter, the as-yet-untitled film will come from Todd Phillips, director of The Hangover trilogy and the forthcoming DC Comics prequel Joker, starring Joaquin Phoenix. Continue reading...
  • post Emma Thompson quits film after John Lasseter joins production - 20 February
  • The actor had been due to voice a role in Luck but left the film after Skydance controversially hired the former Pixar chief who has been accused of sexual harassment Emma Thompson has pulled out of a role in a large-scale animated film after former Pixar chief John Lasseter joined the production.Thompson had been due to voice a role in Luck, produced by Skydance Animation, but reportedly left the film after Skydance controversially hired Lasseter to head its animation division. Lasseter, who was chief creative officer of Pixar and Walt Disney Animation Studios, took a leave of absence in 2017 after admitting to sexual conduct ?missteps?, before leaving the company in 2018. Continue reading...
  • post Harvey Weinstein breaks silence ? to deny wanting Affleck to play Shakespeare - 20 February
  • Disgraced movie mogul issues a rare public statement to reject Gwyneth Paltrow?s assertion he wanted her then-boyfriend to co-star in 1999?s Shakespeare in LoveHarvey Weinstein, the movie producer who was arrested on charges of rape last May is currently on bail, has issued a rare statement rebuffing a detail in a lengthy profile of Gwyneth Paltrow.In the Variety interview, Paltrow recalls working with Weinstein over the years, including on the multi-Oscar-winning Shakespeare in Love, which triumphed at the Academy Awards 20 years ago. Just before shooting began, Paltrow says, ?Harvey wanted Ben Affleck to take over and play Shakespeare. I said, ?No, you can?t do that. You have to have an English person.?? Continue reading...

* CinemaBlend

* Guardian - Film

* Recent Posts

Re: Ten Years North and South today! by Luce
[February 19, 2019, 11:37:52 AM]

Re: Ten Years North and South today! by genie
[February 19, 2019, 10:37:17 AM]

[February 19, 2019, 10:30:48 AM]

[February 19, 2019, 10:02:00 AM]

Re: Ten Years North and South today! by Luce