* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 20
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Downloads for Forum Members

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 13
  • stats Total Posts: 10300
  • stats Total Topics: 1776
  • stats Total Categories: 4
  • stats Total Boards: 25
  • stats Most Online: 92

Author Topic: Name this actor  (Read 125 times)

genie

• Monarch
  • Royalty
  • oof!
Name this actor
« on: December 06, 2018, 08:23:59 PM »

Luce

• Royalty
  • I've never been so happy in all my life...
Re: Name this actor
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2018, 02:37:05 AM »
He seems very familiar but I can't put my finger on it.
QUEEN UNDER THE MOUNTAIN

genie

• Monarch
  • Royalty
  • oof!
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2018, 06:12:09 AM »
He seems very familiar but I can't put my finger on it.

I know what you mean.  I thought it might be Michael Gambon at first, but it isn't.

That's an excellent make-up job they did.  I think knowing the character gives you a clue to the actor.  Still,  though, I could barely see it.

DCM

• Royalty
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2018, 08:25:25 AM »
I'm the same. I know that I recognise him, particularly the eyes, but can't figure out who it is

genie

• Monarch
  • Royalty
  • oof!
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2018, 10:19:26 AM »
I'm the same. I know that I recognise him, particularly the eyes, but can't figure out who it is

For me, it was ONLY the eyes. I didn't know who it was either, but after reading it, I could just about see him in the eyes.

He is a stranger to no one that has our film habits.

genie

• Monarch
  • Royalty
  • oof!
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2018, 10:25:34 AM »
Hint:

His first acting job was as an "uncredited extra" in ........

That was quite a break I would think.  Your first acting job was in a film that won the Oscar and BAFTA that year, for Best Picture.

He is a Brit.

Luce

• Royalty
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2018, 04:47:42 AM »
The eyes, you say? Well ... they remind me of Toby Stephens.
QUEEN UNDER THE MOUNTAIN

genie

• Monarch
  • Royalty
  • oof!
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2018, 06:56:50 AM »
You folks crack me up.  Below, down in the tweets was about Kenneth Branagh and his Shakespeare play coming up.  Also, I had it on the front page either yesterday or the day before.   LOL.

Luce

• Royalty
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2018, 11:45:03 AM »
Well, he's totally unrecognizable! They even changed his eye color!
QUEEN UNDER THE MOUNTAIN

* BBC Films

* The Guardian (Film)

• post Mary Poppins Returns review ?  a spoonful of state-of-the-art genetically modified sweetener - 12 December
  • Emily Blunt is the magical nanny in this scarily accomplished clone-pastiche sequel, which starts terrifically and ends cloyingly ? just like the originalWith pastel/primary colours of headspinning prettiness and all-new showtunes polished to a gleam, this sequel to the 1964 Disney standard Mary Poppins is an almost scarily accomplished clone-pastiche of the original, a spoonful of state-of-the-art genetically modified sweetener. It is written by David Magee, with music by Marc Shaiman and Scott Whitman ? with supervising input from legendary original songwriter Richard Sherman ? and directed by Rob Marshall. The first film was all about the magical nanny who flies in to help a family in Edwardian London ? a celebrated movie debut for Julie Andrews. This one takes place 20 or so years later; everyone else is older but Mary remains the same. In place of Andrews? guileless demeanour and serene self-belief, there is a subtly more worldly and droll-looking Emily Blunt, more clenched and ramrod in her bearing, who exaggerates and caricatures her natural English voice into the kind of poshness portrayed by American actors pretending to be a Brit: the sort of delivery that converts ?very? into ?veddy?. Related: Mary Poppins: why we need a spoonful of sugar more than ever Continue reading...
  • post Women-led films dominate at the box office, study finds - 12 December
  • Media research agencies found that films with female leads that pass the Bechdel test did better than male-led equivalents at every budget levelBlockbuster films with female leads outperform male-led equivalents at the global box office, a new study has reported.In a report compiled by media research agency Shift7 in collaboration with leading agency CAA, revenue for 350 high-grossing films released between 2014 and 2017 was assessed, and the average results for female-led films did best, at every budget level. Continue reading...
  • post Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse proves Hollywood can't out-Marvel Marvel - 12 December
  • Ever since the success of Iron Man, rivals have been trying to match the studio?s box office success, but should they try another tack? Ever since Marvel leapt on to the scene 10 years ago with the vibrant and entertaining Iron Man, rivals have been doing their best to ape the studio?s barnstorming box office success. From Warner Bros?s struggling DC Extended Universe ? set to dip another toe in the comic book ocean with the upcoming Aquaman ? to Universal Pictures? doomed Dark Universe concept, Hollywood execs with dollar signs in their eyes have tried desperately to beat Marvel at its own game with varying degrees of success.The irony is that since 2018, the only truly successful superhero movies outside the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU), with the notable exception of DC?s Wonder Woman, have been those that chose to smash the zeitgeist and strike out on their own. The Lego Batman Movie thrived by immersing itself in an Olympic-length swimming pool of geeky pop culture references; Logan reimagined the comic book flick as one-shot noir. Now comes Sony?s clumsily titled but refreshingly eccentric Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse, out this week in the UK and due to hit US screens at the weekend. It?s a movie that does to the established big screen superhero formula what Hulk did to Loki in the first Avengers movie, leaving suggestions that the Marvel way is the only road to success in a bedraggled, defeated heap. Continue reading...
  • post SAG nominees 2019: A Star is Born, Mrs Maisel and Ozark lead the race - 12 December
  • The remake leads the big screen nominations with four nods while the TV categories are headed by two streaming network hitsMusical remake A Star is Born leads the way at this year?s Screen Actors Guild awards with four nominations while streaming hits Ozark and The Marvelous Mrs Maisel head up the small-screen side.Lady Gaga, Bradley Cooper and Sam Elliott have all received nods for their work in the hit romance while the cast has also been recognised in the best ensemble category. They will face off against the casts of Black Panther, BlacKkKlansman, Bohemian Rhapsody and Crazy Rich Asians. Continue reading...
  • post The 10 best Australian films of 2018: zombies and swingers and ghosts, oh my! - 12 December
  • Bold and distinctive voices put forward uncompromising visions spanning many genresThe best Australian films of the year are a strikingly assured collection of works spanning many genres, from period pieces to science fiction, war drama and satire. If I had to pick a common trait it would be a tremendous sense of authorship; of bold and distinctive voices putting forward uncompromising visions. With that in mind it is hardly a coincidence that the majority of the films below were written or co-written by their directors.As usual, this list comprises feature films that received theatrical releases (not just screenings at film festivals) with one exception: the explosive and philanthropically funded experimental movie Terror Nullius, which is almost certainly never coming to a cinema near you. Continue reading...
  • post I'm dreaming of a dark Christmas: seasonal horror - 12 December
  • The release of Anna and the Apocalypse taps into a long tradition exploring the sadder side of the festive seasonWhen you think of Christmas movies, you think of James Stewart surrounded by his family on Christmas Eve, Will Ferrell in a silly, green suit wandering around New York City, Hugh Grant extolling the virtues of David Beckham?s feet while the dude from The Walking Dead bothers Keira Knightley with problematic placards. What you almost certainly don?t think of is a group of Scottish schoolkids singing catchy songs and beating zombies to death with enormous candy canes.That?s not the sugar-induced daydream of a bored north pole elf, but the concept behind the yuletide musical Anna and the Apocalypse, which arrives in UK cinemas at the end of November. It?s the latest film to take the lightness of Christmas and bash it against the macabre thrills of the horror genre in the hope of producing something that?s as freaky as it is festive. Movie history is littered with stories that have twisted the sweetness of Christmas, splattering blood on the baubles and thrusting carnage into the cranberry sauce. Continue reading...
  • post Ralph Breaks the Internet hangs on as Redford's swansong makes UK box office debut - 11 December
  • The Old Man & the Gun shoots into the Top 10 but family-friendly animations dominate the top of the chartA dearth of major releases meant Ralph Breaks the Internet faced no serious challenge retaining the top spot at the UK box office. Takings declined by 39% from its opening weekend, and the tally after 10 days is Ł7.4m. Continue reading...
  • post Oscars consider having no host after Kevin Hart quits - 11 December
  • Organisers are reportedly struggling to replace the comedian after his sudden decision not to present the 2019 Academy Awards ceremonyThe organisers of the Academy Awards are considering dispensing entirely with a host for the ceremony after the abrupt departure of Kevin Hart, it has been reported.According to Variety, the Academy of Motion Pictures Arts and Sciences are struggling to replace Hart after the comedian stepped down from Oscar hosting duties following sustained outrage over his history of homophobic statements. Continue reading...
  • post Star Wars lightsaber pulled from auction over authenticity issue - 11 December
  • Weapon billed as Luke Skywalker?s was expected to fetch $200,000 in LA saleA lightsaber described as having been used by Luke Skywalker in the first Star Wars film has been withdrawn from sale by a Californian auction house after fans raised concerns about its authenticity. Related: Every Star Wars film ? ranked! Continue reading...
  • post The Favourite leads awards race with 14 Critics' Choice nominations - 10 December
  • Yorgos Lanthimos comedy edges Vice and A Star Is Born, while Escape at Dannemora and The Assassination of Gianni Versace did well in the TV sectionPeriod comedy The Favourite has solidified its position as an early leader in the awards race after securing 14 nominations in the Critics? Choice awards. Directed by Yorgos Lanthimos and starring Olivia Colman as Queen Anne, The Favourite is up for best picture, best comedy, best director and best original screenplay, as well as receiving comprehensive nods for its cast: best actress and best comedy actress for Colman, best supporting actress for Emma Stone and Rachel Weisz, and best ensemble.The Critics? Choice awards, given by the Broadcast Film Critics Association, are considered an accurate barometer of Oscar tastes: The Shape of Water took four awards here last year, when 17 out of 19 common categories had the same winner. It comes after last week?s somewhat inconclusive set of Golden Globes nominations, in which the Dick Cheney comedy Vice, with six nominations, just edged music-star drama A Star Is Born, The Favourite and race-discrimination road movie Green Book, all with five each. Continue reading...

* CinemaBlend

* Guardian - Film

* Recent Posts

Re: Budwiser 2017 by Nath
[Today at 07:48:34 AM]

Re: Luce, by Nath
[Today at 07:44:52 AM]

Budwiser 2017 by genie
[December 11, 2018, 08:45:02 PM]

Re: Luce, by genie
[December 11, 2018, 11:16:44 AM]

Re: Luce, by genie