genie@cfl.rr.com Name this actor

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 22
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Downloads for Forum Members

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 9
  • stats Total Posts: 10802
  • stats Total Topics: 1865
  • stats Total Categories: 6
  • stats Total Boards: 33
  • stats Most Online: 92

Author Topic: Name this actor  (Read 899 times)

genie

• Monarch
  • Royalty
  • oof!
Name this actor
« on: December 06, 2018, 08:23:59 PM »

Luce

• Royalty
  • I've never been so happy in all my life...
Re: Name this actor
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2018, 02:37:05 AM »
He seems very familiar but I can't put my finger on it.
QUEEN UNDER THE MOUNTAIN

genie

• Monarch
  • Royalty
  • oof!
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2018, 06:12:09 AM »
He seems very familiar but I can't put my finger on it.

I know what you mean.  I thought it might be Michael Gambon at first, but it isn't.

That's an excellent make-up job they did.  I think knowing the character gives you a clue to the actor.  Still,  though, I could barely see it.

DCM

• Royalty
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2018, 08:25:25 AM »
I'm the same. I know that I recognise him, particularly the eyes, but can't figure out who it is

genie

• Monarch
  • Royalty
  • oof!
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2018, 10:19:26 AM »
I'm the same. I know that I recognise him, particularly the eyes, but can't figure out who it is

For me, it was ONLY the eyes. I didn't know who it was either, but after reading it, I could just about see him in the eyes.

He is a stranger to no one that has our film habits.

genie

• Monarch
  • Royalty
  • oof!
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2018, 10:25:34 AM »
Hint:

His first acting job was as an "uncredited extra" in ........

That was quite a break I would think.  Your first acting job was in a film that won the Oscar and BAFTA that year, for Best Picture.

He is a Brit.

Luce

• Royalty
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2018, 04:47:42 AM »
The eyes, you say? Well ... they remind me of Toby Stephens.
QUEEN UNDER THE MOUNTAIN

genie

• Monarch
  • Royalty
  • oof!
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2018, 06:56:50 AM »
You folks crack me up.  Below, down in the tweets was about Kenneth Branagh and his Shakespeare play coming up.  Also, I had it on the front page either yesterday or the day before.   LOL.

Luce

• Royalty
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2018, 11:45:03 AM »
Well, he's totally unrecognizable! They even changed his eye color!
QUEEN UNDER THE MOUNTAIN

blueeyedbookworm

• Royalty
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2018, 03:33:33 PM »
That is one impressive makeup job! I couldn't place him either. Though now I feel like I should have known it was Kenneth Branagh--he's pretty much cornered the market on best-known Shakespeare adaptations!

* BBC Films

* The Guardian (Film)

• post The Traitor review ? the real goodfellas: Cosa Nostra on trial - 23 May
  • There are some show-stopping scenes in Bellocchio?s handsome true-crime movie about mafia informantsMarco Bellocchio?s The Traitor is a big, handsomely shot, true-crime gangster movie, ranging over 30 years from the early 1970s to the late 90s, scripted by Bellocchio with screenwriters Valia Santella, Ludovica Rampoldi and Francesco Piccolo. The film has the authoritative air of official history: sometimes brash, sometimes stolid, sometimes with flashes of inspiration and sometimes with long stretches of courtroom dialogue. It is in these sections where Bellocchio is perhaps self-consciously concerned, as a major Italian film-maker, to be seen delivering a definitive cinematic account of an important period of modern Italian life. Well, it was certainly a sound instinct to show the courtroom scenes at some length, because however bizarre and chaotic it could be, the court of law is the moral centre of these events.His subject is Italy?s sensational anti-mafia Maxi trial of 1986, in which hundreds of Sicilian mobsters were convicted, on the testimony of a tiny number of high-up pentiti, or informers, of which the most important was Tommaso Buscetta, a bulkily intimidating, charismatic presence portrayed here by Italian character actor Pierfrancesco Favino. He was the important Cosa Nostra guy who astonished everyone by committing the ultimate sin: treason. He snitched to the cops. It was something that made him lower than the low: hated not merely by the police and the media but his own people, too. The film tells Buscetta?s story, flashing backwards and forwards between his life as a young Palermo guy starting out in crime, to the elderly, morose type in a witness-protection scheme in the United States, paranoically buying semi-automatics at the local supermarket because they were on a special discount. Continue reading...
  • post Chelsea Manning director: 'She's a kind of punk rock figure for me' - 23 May
  • An intimate new documentary follows Chelsea Manning after her prison release ? from a safe house in the woods to a run for the senate. ?We had to tread carefully,? says Tim Travers HawkinsThe night Chelsea Manning was released from Fort Leavenworth military prison in Kansas, her first steps as a free woman were being filmed. It was May 2017 and she had just served nearly seven years of a 35-year sentence for disclosing 750,000 classified documents to Julian Assange?s WikiLeaks. ?It was nerve-racking,? says the man who filmed her, the British artist and documentary-maker Tim Travers Hawkins, from his apartment in New York. ?I knew it was the money shot, if you like. It was such an important historical moment.? Related: XY Chelsea review ? extreme closeup on Chelsea Manning's complex life Continue reading...
  • post The Secret Life of Pets 2 review ? return of the funny furry friends - 23 May
  • In this wittier and less frenetic sequel, the arrival of a newborn baby upends the world of pampered pooch MaxIn 2016, the team behind Despicable Me and Minions pulled off a blatant act of flattery with The Secret Life of Pets ? a family animation imagining what the animals of a New York apartment block got up to when their owners were at work. Its storyline felt so much like Toy Story with animals, you had to wonder if they got the lawyers in to give the script a once over. Now here?s that Hollywood rarity ? a sequel that?s better than the original. It?s wittier, less frenetic and introduces fresh characters and a nice scene of strategic furball vomming.In the first movie, Max, a dependable jack russell terrier, had his world turned upside down when his owner brought home a slobbering rescue dog; this time it?s her newborn baby. Patton Oswalt seamlessly replaces Louis CK as the voice of Max, who soon accepts the sprog as the newest member of the pack. But, like an overanxious parent, he begins to see danger everywhere. Continue reading...
  • post Booksmart star Beanie Feldstein: ?Everyone said we didn?t belong in LA? - 23 May
  • She was Lady Bird?s best friend and her brother Jonah Hill got a tattoo in her honour ? meet the sparky star of this summer?s wildest high school comedyBeanie Feldstein is eating ice-cream in a red dress that is as bright as strawberry sauce. ?This is one of the coolest things I?ve ever worn?? she says, her inflection rising at the end, as it often does, lending even her most confident assertions an equivocal note. The 25-year-old star of Lady Bird, Bad Neighbours 2: Sorority Rising and the new film Booksmart is giggly and amiable. Within seconds of me spotting that her ice-cream is vegan (?I?m allergic to dairy??), she is recommending vegan bakeries in hipster enclaves of the UK capital that a visiting Californian might not be expected to know about. ?London is like my second home,? she trills. A glance at her Instagram feed proves that she is certainly well-acquainted with the area around the Palace theatre, where Harry Potter and the Cursed Child is playing.?I?m such a Harry Potter nut. My friends in college would be partying, and I?d be, like: ?Uh, I?m gonna go home and read some Harry Potter.?? Continue reading...
  • post Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker ? what we learned from the Vanity Fair special - 23 May
  • JJ Abrams and co have hinted the finale will involve less CGI, more new characters ? and screen time for Carrie FisherIn just under seven months? time, a saga spanning nine films, three generations and 42 years will finally be over, bringing the epic story of the Skywalker family to a close. After steering The Force Awakens into favourable regard with fans, JJ Abrams has returned to co-write and direct the final movie in Disney?s semi-rebooted sequel trilogy, after stepping aside for Rian Johnson for 2017?s The Last Jedi. He might come to regret it: Abrams has the unenviable triple-task of following a film that veered off at several unexpected vectors, wrapping up a self-contained trilogy and tying a bow around a vast tale whose telling has taken the best past of half a century. To say there?s a lot of responsibility resting on his shoulders would be putting it mildly.Abrams, Lucasfilm head honcho Kathleen Kennedy and Episode IX?s cast recently sat down with Vanity Fair to discuss the film, somewhat inevitably giving almost nothing away. Nevertheless, a few titbits about what we can expect leaked through the NDA-imposed forcefield of tight-lippedness. Here?s what we know. Continue reading...
  • post Killer Sofa to Dogman's Rabies: the worst movie posters at Cannes 2019 - 23 May
  • Think Cannes is all about red carpet premieres and arthouse masterworks? Think again ? there?s a whole other side to the festival where the terrible film reigns supreme. Here are some of the most pitiful efforts Continue reading...
  • post Terminator: Dark Fate trailer ? first footage released online - 23 May
  • The sixth Terminator film, which brings back Linda Hamilton and Arnold Schwarzenegger, is produced by James Cameron The first teaser trailer for Terminator: Dark Fate has been released online.This is the sixth film in the Terminator series, which began in 1984 with the James Cameron-directed The Terminator. Dark Fate has been pitched as a sequel to Terminator 2: Judgment Day, thereby ignoring all four subsequent films, including the most recent, Terminator: Genysis, released in 2015. Continue reading...
  • post Daniel Craig to have surgery on ankle injured while filming Bond 25 - 23 May
  • Producers say April 2020 release date will be unaffected by recovering star?s two-week absence from shootingDaniel Craig requires surgery on an ankle he injured during the filming of the new James Bond film, putting him out of action for at least two weeks. The official James Bond social media account announced the news, saying production would continue while Craig ?rehabilitates?.BOND 25 update: Daniel Craig will be undergoing minor ankle surgery resulting from an injury sustained during filming in Jamaica. Production will continue whilst Craig is rehabilitating for two weeks post-surgery. The film remains on track for the same release date in April 2020. pic.twitter.com/qJN0Sn4gEx Continue reading...
  • post Geoffrey Rush to receive record $2.9m damages in Daily Telegraph defamation case - 23 May
  • Court hears that actor offered to settle for $50,000 and an apology but never heard back from News CorpGeoffrey Rush will receive $2.9m in damages from the Daily Telegraph after a series of articles accusing the Oscar-winning actor of ?inappropriate behaviour? towards a female actor.On Thursday the federal court heard lawyers for Rush and the Telegraph had agreed the actor would receive $2m for past and future lost earnings after tax, on top of an $850,000 payment ordered by Justice Michael Wigney in his judgment in April. Continue reading...
  • post BFI acquires three never-before-seen Christopher Lee scrapbooks - 23 May
  • The actor had noted a story about his swordfight with Errol Flynn that went awryA collection of scrapbooks owned by Sir Christopher Lee has given new insight into the actor?s early career and struggle to become a Hollywood star, including a fateful sword fight with Errol Flynn that left him with a nearly severed finger. Continue reading...

* CinemaBlend

* Guardian - Film

* Recent Posts

Re: Game of Thrones - S8 by genie
[May 20, 2019, 05:16:41 PM]

Re: Game of Thrones - S8 by genie
[May 20, 2019, 05:06:16 PM]

Re: A Discovery of Witches Interview - Season 2 by Luce
[May 20, 2019, 03:08:15 AM]

Re: Promposals by Luce
[May 20, 2019, 03:06:27 AM]

Re: Game of Thrones - S8 by Luce