* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 26
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Downloads for Forum Members

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 13
  • stats Total Posts: 10387
  • stats Total Topics: 1794
  • stats Total Categories: 4
  • stats Total Boards: 25
  • stats Most Online: 92

Author Topic: Top 10 Facts About AMERICA That Make NO SENSE to Anyone Else  (Read 194 times)

genie

• Monarch
  • Royalty
  • oof!
Top 10 Facts About AMERICA That Make NO SENSE to Anyone Else
« on: January 09, 2019, 09:38:46 PM »

Luce

• Royalty
  • I've never been so happy in all my life...
Re: Top 10 Facts About AMERICA That Make NO SENSE to Anyone Else
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2019, 09:53:14 AM »
OMG!

I had a little trouble believing all that. If this is true, I pity you, guys!

Armed toddlers was what trouble me the most. Who is wacko enough to give a child a real gun?
QUEEN UNDER THE MOUNTAIN

Oso

• Royalty
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2019, 12:31:12 PM »
Well, that is embarrassing.  LOL

I got my first handgun as a toddler, didn’t you receive your first gun at that age too Genie?!  By the time I hit preschool I was toting a sawed off shotgun. Had to be since the barrel would’ve been too long for a 4 year old to tote in my school bag. By the time I was in high school we all had machine guns...

Where do they get these statistics?!   :fav204:

genie

• Monarch
  • Royalty
  • oof!
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2019, 03:41:18 PM »
It's on the internet so it must be true.

Luce, that one bothered me too.  I have NEVER heard of such a statistic.  Somewhere we must have a death row for toddlers, I guess.

There was a couple of other ones which I thought were a bit over the top.

I was going to add another one here about what would happen if California seceded from the USA.  I'm afraid there would no living with Oso after watching that one.

Luce

• Royalty
  • I've never been so happy in all my life...
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2019, 02:52:50 AM »
Please, please, Oso, don't LEAVE!!!! LOL

I wonder if he has a video about what happens when the UK leaves the EU without a proper trade deal? A no-deal Brexit, in other words.
QUEEN UNDER THE MOUNTAIN

* BBC Films

* The Guardian (Film)

• post Oscar nominations 2019: Roma and The Favourite deserve acclaim, but no female directors is woeful - 22 January
  • The Academy consensus has produced two blue-chip frontrunners, but passed over some exceptional films directed by women in the process?Roma and The Favourite vie for glory
    ?Full list of nominations
    ?Guardian film Black Sheep nominatedOnce again, the mysterious consensus-accretion of awards season has done its work and the Oscar nomination list has a big showing for Alfonso Cuarón?s magnificent Roma, with 10 nominations ? and, notably, just as big a score for critics? darling and perennial talking point Yorgos Lanthimos?s bizarre Restoration comedy The Favourite. This also has 10 nominations, including of course a best actress nomination for Olivia Colman, who this year has become (justly) catapulted to international treasure status. (An upgrade from national to international treasure status might also be due for Richard E Grant, who has a best supporting actor nomination for his venal Brit boozehound in Can You Ever Forgive Me?) These are the prestige products, the blue-chip movies that the Academy hivemind has decided are the headline successes.As for the snubs, complaining about these has evolved to such an extent in recent years that they have become the pundits? alternative refusenik fantasy league. But the lack of women directors in the best picture and best director lists is woeful, at least partly because they exclude one of the very best films: Debra Granik?s superb Leave No Trace. There is also the exclusion of Lynne Ramsay?s You Were Never Really Here, her excellent variation on the Taxi Driver theme starring Joaquin Phoenix. Barry Jenkins?s fine If Beale Street Could Talk has been largely overlooked, although I am confident that Regina King will win best supporting actress for her delicate, intelligently judged performance in that movie. Nicole Kidman deserved a shot at an Oscar for her very interesting performance in Destroyer, and Steve McQueen?s terrific thriller Widows is turning into this awards season?s Cinderella, bafflingly excluded from ball after ball. The biggest and most deplorable snub was however that Ari Aster?s brilliant scary movie Hereditary received nothing: with a lead performance from the wonderful Toni Collette which could go toe-to-toe with any of the current contenders. Continue reading...
  • post Worst job in showbiz: why will no one touch the world's glitziest gigs? - 22 January
  • The Oscars have no host, Rihanna turned down the Super Bowl, and the White House dinner will be MC?d by a historian. What?s behind the sudden demise of entertainment?s biggest jobs?The loss of the Oscars? latest host is, on the one hand, just another mishap to add to the list. From 2016?s #OscarsSoWhite to 2017?s wrong delivery of the best picture award, the ceremony now seems like a particularly slow bloopers reel. Yet the loss of Kevin Hart ? who quit after old homophobic tweets resurfaced ? is also a sign of something else. The fact that no one has replaced him, and that it?s difficult to think of many people who could, or would, reveals a much deeper malaise: a scary loss of nerve across showbiz?s top-tier events. Related: Oscars 2019: Roma and The Favourite vie for glory with 10 nominations each Continue reading...
  • post M Night Shyamalan's superheroes make Glass a smash at UK box office - 22 January
  • Supernatural sequel that brings together protagonists of previous films debuts in top spot as Saoirse Ronan reigns at No 2 in Mary Queen of ScotsWhile the January release calendar is traditionally dominated by awards bait, not everybody wants to binge on prestige dramas for a whole month. Hence Glass, the new film from M Night Shyamalan, extending the story of his earlier films Unbreakable (2000) and Split (2017). Uniting the casts of those two titles ? notably James McAvoy, Bruce Willis and Samuel L Jackson ? looked like a strategy to give the director his biggest hit in more than a decade. Continue reading...
  • post 'Fiji Water Girl' lands a cameo on The Bold and the Beautiful - 21 January
  • Kelleth Cuthbert became famous after popping up in the background of a series of celebrity portraits at the Golden GlobesThe serial photobomber who stole the show and became a meme after this year?s Golden Globes has made a new splash with a cameo on The Bold and the Beautiful.Canadian model Kelleth Cuthbert became known as Fiji Water Girl after popping up in the background of a series of celebrity portraits taken during the 72nd Golden Globes awards in January. She was at the event as one of a number of promotional staff for the water company, a Globes sponsor, but went viral after Twitter users noticed her face and distinctive blue dress turning up in shot after shot. Continue reading...
  • post Trump stinks up the Razzies' worst-film nominations - 21 January
  • President vies with worst-actor nominees Johnny Depp and John Travolta in the Golden Raspberry awardsDonald Trump may well be kicking off 2019 with a clutch of Golden Raspberry awards after he and his associates received four nominations in Hollywood?s annual ?worst of? lineup.Trump was nominated for worst actor and worst screen combo (along with ?his self-perpetuating pettiness? after his appearances in Michael Moore?s anti-Trump documentary Fahrenheit 11/9 and Dinesh d?Souza?s highly pro-Trump Death of a Nation. Fahrenheit 11/9 also yielded two more Trump-related nods in the worst actress category: his wife Melania will be competing with Kellyanne Conway, counsellor to the president and Trump?s former campaign manager. Continue reading...
  • post Roma and The Favourite triumph at the London Film Critics' Circle awards - 21 January
  • Alfonso Cuarón?s Netflix-backed memoir and Yorgos Lanthimos period comedy dominated, while Ethan Hawke and Olivia Colman took home acting honoursAlfonso Cuaro?n?s domestic memoir Roma and scabrous period comedy The Favourite dominated the London Film Critics? Circle awards, which were handed out on 20 January.Roma, which has been backed to the hilt by its distributors, Netflix, secured the film of the year award and Cuaro?n won director of the year. With the Acadmey awards nominations being announced on 22 Jamuary, Roma appears to consolidate its position as an Oscar frontrunner. However, The Favourite, which is also a leading Oscar contender, took home the most awards: four, including actress of the year for Olivia Colman (who plays troubled monarch Queen Anne), supporting actress for Rachel Weisz (who plays power-behind-the-throne Sarah Churchill), and British/Irish film of the year. Continue reading...
  • post Oscars 2019: Roma and The Favourite vie for glory with 10 nominations each - 22 January
  • Alfonso Cuarón?s 70s-set drama and the Olivia Colman period comedy head list of nominees, with A Star Is Born and Vice each on eightFull list of nominations
    Guardian film Black Sheep nominatedPeter Bradshaw: Roma and The Favourite deserve acclaim, but no female directors is woefulRoma and The Favourite will go head to head at the Oscars after they received 10 Academy Award nominations each.Roma, Alfonso Cuarón?s memoir of childhood in 1970s Mexico City, topped many critics? lists of 2018 (including the Guardian?s) and has scored 10 nominations, including best film and best director for Cuarón. Roma?s success demonstrates the Oscars? acceptance of streaming giant Netflix, which it had had hitherto treated with suspicion. Netflix has launched an expensive awards campaign which appears to be have paid off. Continue reading...
  • post Guardian film Black Sheep nominated for best short documentary Oscar - 22 January
  • Ed Perkins? film about a young black boy?s response to a racist gang after he moves out of London is up for an Academy awardOscars 2019: Roma and The Favourite vying for glory with 10 nominations each
    Full list of nominations Black Sheep, a film commissioned by the Guardian, has been nominated for best short documentary at the 2019 Oscars.Directed by Ed Perkins, Black Sheep tells the story of Cornelius Walker, a black 11-year-old from London who moves with his family to a housing estate in St Albans after the murder of schoolboy Damilola Taylor in 2000. Walker, the same age as Taylor and of similar background, found himself confronting a gang of local racists and, after first fighting back, went to extraordinary lengths to fit in and gain their friendship. Continue reading...
  • post Monopoly film adaptation to star Kevin Hart gets go ahead - 17 January
  • After repeated attempts to get a movie based on the board game off the ground, Hart will play the lead in what is likely to be a live-action caperKevin Hart has signed up to play the lead role in a film based on the Monopoly board game, it has emerged.According to Deadline, Hart has joined the long-gestating project along with Tim Story, who directed him in Ride Along and Night School. Hart is also credited as one of the producers. Other than the suggestion it will be live-action, no other details are known. Continue reading...
  • post Netflix criticised for using images of real-life rail disaster in Bird Box - 17 January
  • Mayor of Lac-Mégantic, where 47 died in 2013 explosion, demands images of the incident be removed from streaming giant?s sci-fi hitThe mayor of a Canadian town where 47 people were killed in a rail disaster in 2013 has complained to Netflix after images of the incident were used in the hit sci-fi film Bird Box.The accident happened when a train carrying crude oil exploded in Lac-Mégantic, Quebec, and the BBC reports that Netflix confirmed that footage of the disaster was included in a montage sequence illustrating an attack. Continue reading...

* CinemaBlend

* Guardian - Film

* Recent Posts

Game of Thrones April 14 by genie
[January 21, 2019, 11:35:18 AM]

Re: Server Down by Luce
[January 19, 2019, 04:20:49 AM]

Server Down by genie
[January 18, 2019, 06:34:25 PM]

Re: Belgravia by genie
[January 18, 2019, 06:32:00 PM]

Belgravia by Luce