* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 11
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Downloads for Forum Members

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 9
  • stats Total Posts: 10591
  • stats Total Topics: 1833
  • stats Total Categories: 6
  • stats Total Boards: 27
  • stats Most Online: 92

Author Topic: Top 10 Facts About AMERICA That Make NO SENSE to Anyone Else  (Read 349 times)

genie

• Monarch
  • Royalty
  • oof!

Luce

• Royalty
  • I've never been so happy in all my life...
Re: Top 10 Facts About AMERICA That Make NO SENSE to Anyone Else
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2019, 09:53:14 AM »
OMG!

I had a little trouble believing all that. If this is true, I pity you, guys!

Armed toddlers was what trouble me the most. Who is wacko enough to give a child a real gun?
QUEEN UNDER THE MOUNTAIN

Oso

• Royalty
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2019, 12:31:12 PM »
Well, that is embarrassing.  LOL

I got my first handgun as a toddler, didn’t you receive your first gun at that age too Genie?!  By the time I hit preschool I was toting a sawed off shotgun. Had to be since the barrel would’ve been too long for a 4 year old to tote in my school bag. By the time I was in high school we all had machine guns...

Where do they get these statistics?!   :fav204:

genie

• Monarch
  • Royalty
  • oof!
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2019, 03:41:18 PM »
It's on the internet so it must be true.

Luce, that one bothered me too.  I have NEVER heard of such a statistic.  Somewhere we must have a death row for toddlers, I guess.

There was a couple of other ones which I thought were a bit over the top.

I was going to add another one here about what would happen if California seceded from the USA.  I'm afraid there would no living with Oso after watching that one.

Luce

• Royalty
  • I've never been so happy in all my life...
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2019, 02:52:50 AM »
Please, please, Oso, don't LEAVE!!!! LOL

I wonder if he has a video about what happens when the UK leaves the EU without a proper trade deal? A no-deal Brexit, in other words.
QUEEN UNDER THE MOUNTAIN

* BBC Films

* The Guardian (Film)

• post Elton John biopic Rocketman may be censored for gay scene - 22 March
  • Film-makers are under pressure from Hollywood to snip a nude scene between Taron Egerton and Richard Madden, reports sayForty seconds of footage could be lost from the upcoming Elton John biopic Rocketman in a bid to lower its age rating, according to the Daily Mail.The offending scene features stars Taron Egerton as John and Richard Madden as his lover and manager John Reid naked in bed together, but although their bare bottoms are on display, intercourse is not depicted. Continue reading...
  • post Julianne Moore was fired from Can You Ever Forgive Me? over fat suit and fake nose - 22 March
  • Richard E Grant confirms that the actor?s departure, six days before shooting began, was due to a dispute over prostheticsThe success of Can You Ever Forgive Me?, Marielle Heller?s tragicomedy starring Melissa McCarthy as real-life literary forger Lee Israel and Richard E Grant as her withering sidekick, Jack, has reawakened interest in details of an aborted version of the movie, which was abandoned six days before shooting was due to begin.The collapse of this version ? which would have been directed by the screenwriter of the finished film, Nicole Holofcener, with Julianne Moore and Chris O?Dowd in the leading roles ? was evidently a sore point for most of those involved. Holofcener has spoken of the ?terrible? and ?traumatic? experience, and Moore has voiced her upset at having been fired from the project ? and not having dropped out as many people previously assumed. Continue reading...
  • post Mood music: how a jaunty pop song can ramp up movie terror - 22 March
  • In Us, Jordan Peele shuns ominous chords for a breezy ditty ? and follows in the bloody footsteps of film-making greatsEver since the first trailer for Jordan Peele?s Us was released, it was clear that music would be an essential part of the film. Who knew Luniz?s I Got Five on It could elicit such unsettling emotions? Peele did, and he managed to transform this chilled-out party tune into a sinister symphonic trigger-warning telling us bad things are about to go down.Then there?s the Beach Boys? Good Vibrations, which is played during a particularly violent scene. The thrumming melody that would normally fill you with joy and calm suddenly becomes a claustrophobic din as you watch people brutally murdered in their own home. The lyrics ? ?I?m pickin? up good vibrations? ? are jarringly at odds with the images on screen; nothing is good about this situation and the music hits that home. Continue reading...
  • post Five Feet Apart review ? sickly teen romance dies a slow death - 22 March
  • A pair of lovestruck hospital patients trade love letters and latex gloves in cinema?s latest exercise in morbid mawkishnessIt?s been nearly 50 years since Love Story showed that people will pay good money to watch pretty youngsters dying slowly, and five since The Fault in Our Stars revived this morbid subgenre with notable commercial success. Justin Baldoni?s middling derivative courts viewer sympathies with a somewhat novel conceit, taking place almost exclusively within the hospital where perky vlogger and cystic fibrosis patient Stella (Haley Lu Richardson) has been confined as part of a drug trial. Dragging her oxygen line around intensive care, she crosses paths with a fellow trialist, floppy-haired hunk Will (Cole Sprouse), and a wicked new twist is added to an old meet-cute: they can?t get too close, lest they exchange potentially lethal lungfuls of bacteria. Here are two kids who could kill with a kiss. Related: Dying of the light: why Hollywood needs to get over its obsession with terminally ill teens Continue reading...
  • post Purr evil: cats with hidden agendas ? ranked! - 21 March
  • As Goose the Cat has stolen the show in Captain Marvel, we pick 10 fiendish felines from past films Orion is a ginger-and-white puss who sees his beloved can-opener, an elderly Manhattan jeweller called Rosenburg, being murdered by a giant cockroach-like alien called Edgar, and refuses to leave the old man?s corpse. The cat?s loyalty to the dead man is genuinely moving in a sci-fi comedy that otherwise opts for flippancy. But Rosenburg had a secret and so does his cat. SPOILER! Hanging from the collar around Orion?s neck is a bauble that turns out to contain the missing galaxy for which everyone in the film has been searching. Continue reading...
  • post The Dirt review ? slick Netflix Mötley Crüe biopic mostly rocks - 22 March
  • A mixture of debauchery and darkness, it?s a film that treads a familiar line but does so with skill, featuring a standout turn from Machine Gun KellyHot on the heels of Bohemian Rhapsody?s mystifying four Oscar wins and box office glory comes The Dirt, the long gestating biopic of the 80s glam-rock band Mötley Crüe. In the 18 years since the band?s autobiography of the same name hit bookshelves, the film has gone through a series of starts and stops, including the passing interest of David Fincher (imagine!). But unlike the universally beloved Queen, Mötley Crüe are the kind of polarizing band where potential viewers may be more likely to remember the names of the band?s outsized personalities than the names of their hit songs. Suitably, the film finally arrives by way of circumventing the silver screen altogether with the lower stakes Netflix distribution model, a fresh-faced cast and a director known best for compiling amateur-style prank videos. Related: Triple Frontier review ? military vets steal big in solid Netflix action thriller Continue reading...
  • post Disney tops Hollywood hierarchy closing 21st Century Fox deal - 22 March
  • Disney?s deal is a fightback against tech industry, Netflix and Amazon. Six changes to expect ?Disney closed its $71bn (£54bn) acquisition of Rupert Murdoch?s 21st Century Fox film and entertainment assets this week, bringing The Simpsons, Star Wars and The Avengers under one roof. The deal combines Disney?s film studios, ABC broadcasting network and theme parks with Fox?s film and TV studios, and the FX and National Geographic broadcast networks.It confirms Disney?s position at the top of the Hollywood hierarchy but also represents a fightback against the technology industry and the upheaval caused by its forays into the entertainment business through Netflix and Amazon in particular. Here are six changes to expect from the Disney/Fox deal. Continue reading...
  • post Danny Boyle says script dispute made him quit Bond 25 - 21 March
  • Director says he left 007 movie project rather than replace screenwriter after disagreement with producersDanny Boyle has confirmed that a dispute over the script was the reason he left the latest James Bond movie.In a reply to a reader question in Empire magazine, Boyle said that the screenplay he had been working on with regular writing partner John Hodge had not found favour with producers, and that he quit the project rather than jettison that script and work with another writer. Continue reading...
  • post Bill & Ted 3 confirmed by Keanu Reeves and Alex Winter - 20 March
  • Stars of the popular comedy make announcement on Youtube that Bill & Ted Face the Music is going into production this summerThe long-mooted third Bill and Ted movie is set to go into production this year with a projected release date of summer 2020, it has been announced.Actors Alex Winter and Keanu Reeves ? aka William ?Bill? S Preston Esq and Theodore ?Ted? Logan ? broke the news in a short promotional video filmed at the Hollywood Bowl. Thanking ?you the fans?, the pair said the title of the new film would be Bill & Ted Face the Music, and would ?hopefully? shoot in the summer. Continue reading...
  • post Tarantino set to premiere Once Upon a Time in Hollywood at Cannes - 20 March
  • The director?s new film stars Margot Robbie as Sharon Tate, Leonardo DiCaprio as a former western TV star and Brad Pitt as his stunt doubleOn 21 May it will be 25 years since Pulp Fiction premiered at the Cannes film festival, before winning the Palme d?Or. And reports have emerged that the same date this year is likely to mark the first screening of Tarantino?s latest film, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.The film is one of the near-certainties for this year?s festival, particularly in the absence of any Netflix titles, as discussions about their eligibility for awards are said to be still happening. Continue reading...

* CinemaBlend

* Guardian - Film

* Recent Posts

Re: The Lodge by Luce
[March 20, 2019, 04:14:21 AM]

Re: The Stranger on Netflix soon by Luce
[March 20, 2019, 04:13:27 AM]

Re: The Stranger on Netflix soon by genie
[March 19, 2019, 03:43:42 PM]

The Lodge by genie
[March 19, 2019, 02:54:48 PM]

Re: Intentionally Hitting the Batter by genie