genie@cfl.rr.com Men are this smart.

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 13
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Downloads for Forum Members

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 9
  • stats Total Posts: 10682
  • stats Total Topics: 1854
  • stats Total Categories: 6
  • stats Total Boards: 31
  • stats Most Online: 92

Author Topic: Men are this smart.  (Read 307 times)

genie

• Monarch
  • Royalty
  • oof!
Men are this smart.
« on: February 12, 2019, 05:03:42 PM »
And men always thought they were so smart! 
Not this one.

Would you marry again?

A husband and wife are sitting quietly in bed reading when the Wife looks over at him and asks the question....

WIFE:  "What would you do if I died? Would you get married again?"

HUSBAND:  "Definitely not!"

WIFE:  "Why not? Don't you like being married?"

HUSBAND:  "Of course I do."

WIFE:  "Then why wouldn't you remarry? "

HUSBAND:  "Okay, okay, I'd get married again."

WIFE:  "You would?" (with a hurt look)

HUSBAND:  (makes audible groan)

WIFE:  "Would you live in our house?"

HUSBAND:  "Sure, it's a great house."

WIFE:  "Would you sleep with her in our bed?"

HUSBAND:  "Where else would we sleep?"

WIFE:  "Would you let her drive my car?"

HUSBAND:  "Probably, it is almost new."

WIFE:  "Would you replace my pictures with hers?"

HUSBAND:  "That would seem like the proper thing to do."

WIFE:  "Would you give her my jewelry?"

HUSBAND:  "No, I'm sure she'd want her own."

WIFE:  "Would you take her golfing with you?

HUSBAND:  "Yes, those are always good times."

WIFE:  "Would she use my clubs?

HUSBAND:  "No, she's left-handed."

WIFE:  -- silence --

HUSBAND:  "shit."

Luce

• Royalty
  • I've never been so happy in all my life...
Re: Men are this smart.
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2019, 04:35:48 AM »
 :fav002:
QUEEN UNDER THE MOUNTAIN

Nath

• Royalty
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2019, 12:45:01 AM »
Good one!  LOL.

Luce

• Royalty
  • I've never been so happy in all my life...
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2019, 04:05:09 AM »
Hello, Nath! Always glad to hear from you! How are you, my girl?
QUEEN UNDER THE MOUNTAIN

* BBC Films

* The Guardian (Film)

• post Video killed the Hollywood star: will vloggers take over the film world? - 22 April
  • Eighth Grade director Bo Burnham was discovered via social media, the latest in a new cohort entering the industry Let Eighth Grade count the ways in which social media has warped teenage life beyond all recognition. Insta-envy, artificial vlog personas, painstakingly posed selfies, Snapchat etiquette ? generally engaging more with your smartphone than any human, and still getting it wrong. But as well as high-school social intercourse, the film also marks how social media is changing the movies, and not necessarily for the worse. Related: Sign up to our Film Today email Continue reading...
  • post Walt Disney heir says paying chief executive £50.5m is 'insane' - 22 April
  • Abigail Disney complains that Bob Iger receives 1,424 times more than company averageAn heir to the Walt Disney fortune has described the $65.6m (£50.5m) paid to the company?s chief executive, Bob Iger, as ?insane?.Abigail Disney, an Emmy award-winning film-maker and a granddaughter of the company?s co-founder Roy Disney, said it was outrageous that Iger was paid 1,424 times more than the average pay for a Disney employee last year. Iger?s 2018 pay package increased by 80% from $36.3m in 2017. He also collected $43.9m in 2016. Continue reading...
  • post Who? What? How? Hulk! ? addressing the Avengers: Endgame theories - 22 April
  • Ever since the shocking finale of Infinity War, Marvel superfans have been speculating on what might happen next but with days to go, who might be right?By now, theorizing about the future of the Marvel Cinematic Universe is as integral to the experience of being a fan as watching the actual movies is.It?s unsurprising: Marvel Studios actively encourages speculation, with obscure Easter egg references, background cameos and post-credit sequences built into every film. With just days before the release of Avengers: Endgame, the culmination of 21 films spanning 11 years, there?s no shortage of theories for how the three-hour movie will wrap up the franchise ? and blow the doors wide open for a new set of characters. Continue reading...
  • post Streaming: the joys of Soviet Movies Online - 22 April
  • Acclaimed 2012 film Betrayal by Russia?s Kirill Serebrennikov, who was recently freed from house arrest, is just one gem on the no-frills streaming siteThere was good news in the film world last week, as embattled, iconoclastic Russian director Kirill Serebrennikov was finally liberated after nearly two years of government-mandated house arrest. Having been detained on apparently trumped-up charges of embezzling state funds for a theatre initiative, his imprisonment became an industry cause celebre attracting the support of Cate Blanchett and Lars von Trier, among others. Serebrennikov?s qualified release (he still can?t leave Moscow) is good news for many reasons, not least among them that he can return to his strange, kinetic brand of film-making.It was the Serebrennikov-related headlines that accidentally prompted this week?s streaming discovery, as I found myself wondering whether the director?s remarkable 2012 film Betrayal ? a memorable standout from that year?s Venice film festival that never got a UK release ? had quietly slipped on to any online platforms. An internet search of the usual channels proved fruitless until I stumbled upon an oddly bounteous site: Soviet Movies Online. Very much a does-what-it-says-on-the-tin enterprise, the service boasts an impressive library of Russian cinema dating from the 1920s to the present day. Continue reading...
  • post On my radar: Neil Jordan?s cultural highlights - 21 April
  • The director on Lisa Halliday?s Asymmetry, Sonny Clark?s jazz trio and the Netflix show ManiacBorn in County Sligo in 1950, director and writer Neil Jordan studied Irish History and English at University College Dublin. His first book, Night in Tunisia, won a Somerset Maugham award and the Guardian fiction prize in 1979; he has published seven novels. His films include The Crying Game (1992), Interview with the Vampire (1994) and The End of the Affair (1999); he created the TV series The Borgias (2011-2013). His new film, Greta, starring Isabelle Huppert and Chloë Grace Moretz, is out now. Continue reading...
  • post Roman Polanski files case to have Academy membership restored - 19 April
  • Film director was removed last year from organisation behind Oscars after sexual misconduct Roman Polanski has asked a judge to restore his membership in the organisation that awards the Oscars nearly a year after he was expelled for sexual misconduct.Lawyers for the 85-year-old fugitive on Friday petitioned Los Angeles Superior Court to compel the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences to make him a member in good standing again. Continue reading...
  • post Cannes festival 2019: full list of films - 22 April
  • All the films screening at the 72nd edition of France?s celebrated film festivalCompetition
    The Dead Don?t Die (dir: Jim Jarmusch) ? opening film
    Atlantique (dir: Mati Diop)
    Bacarau (dir: Kleber Mendonça Filho & Juliano Dornelles)
    Frankie (dir: Ira Sachs)
    A Hidden Life (dir: Terrence Malick)
    It Must Be Heaven (dir: Elia Suleiman)
    Les Misérables (dir: Ladj Ly)
    Little Joe (dir: Jessica Hausner)
    Matthias and Maxime (dir: Xavier Dolan)
    Oh Mercy! (dir: Arnaud Desplechin)
    Parasite (dir: Bong Joon-ho)
    Portrait of a Lady on Fire (dir: Céline Sciamma)
    Sibyl (dir: Justine Triet)
    Sorry We Missed You (dir: Ken Loach)
    Pain and Glory (dir: Pedro Almodóvar)
    The Traitor (dir: Marco Bellocchio)
    La Gomera (dir: Corneliu Porumboiu)
    The Wild Goose Lake (dir: Diao Yinan)
    The Young Ahmed (dir: Jean-Pierre and Luc Dardenne) Continue reading...
  • post Boyz N the Hood director John Singleton hospitalised after stroke - 20 April
  • Family of Oscar-nominated film-maker, 51, thanked his fans and colleagues for good wishes Oscar-nominated director John Singleton is in intensive care after suffering a stroke. The film-maker, known for movies including Boyz N the Hood, the 2000 remake of Shaft and 2 Fast 2 Furious, fell ill on Wednesday, his family said in a statement to the Press Association.Singleton, 51, is now in hospital ?under great medical care?, they said. Continue reading...
  • post Going, going, Goon: letters by Sellers and Milligan turn air blue - 20 April
  • Previously unseen correspondence between the two comedians and musician Alan Clare is to be sold at auctionThey were never known for their sense of decorum and linguistic restraint, but a cache of previously unpublished letters by Spike Milligan and Peter Sellers proves ? if there were ever any doubt ? their humour was not for the fainthearted.The comic geniuses, who along with Harry Secombe and Michael Bentine made up the cast of the wildly popular Goon Show, deployed their anarchic wit and eccentric punctuation to wincing effect in the letters, which were written to their friend, the jazz pianist Alan Clare. Continue reading...
  • post Robert De Niro calls Donald Trump a 'wannabe gangster' - 20 April
  • Oscar-winning actor says US president has proven himself to be a ?total loser? with no morals
    Robert De Niro has criticised Donald Trump again, calling the US president a ?total loser? and ?wannabe gangster?.The actor has been involved in a long-running dispute with Trump, saying ?fuck Trump? at the Tony awards last year. Continue reading...

* CinemaBlend

* Guardian - Film

* Recent Posts

Re: 2 cellos by Luce
[Today at 04:43:51 AM]

Re: Can you name . . . by Luce
[Today at 04:42:55 AM]

Re: Oh Gee.... something to say by Luce
[Today at 04:41:19 AM]

Oh Gee.... something to say by genie
[April 21, 2019, 02:04:43 PM]

Can you name . . . by genie