9 Guests, 0 Users
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 02, 2020,

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

genie

2020 Feb 16 11:06:24
Happy Birthday, Old Lady Oso

Smileys

Recent Topics

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 362
  • Total Topics: 116
  • Online Today: 12
  • Online Ever: 324
  • (January 21, 2020, )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 9
Total: 9

Author Topic: This isn't goodbye  (Read 709 times)

genie

• Administrator
  • oof!
    • View Profile
This isn't goodbye
« on: April 03, 2020, »

For the past couple of years, I have been thinking about retiring this site.

As one creeps into their 70's, keeping pace and schedules becomes a bit harder. I wish I could blame it on memory, but it's more health issues. And my health isn't that bad.  I guess my biggest issue is this ulcer I seemed to have had for a long time. I've only known for a couple of months but suspected it many months ago.  It was like a process of elimination.  Well. Although that is being repaired (hopefully) through medication, surgery could still loom in the future.  The main problem is that I am not allowed to take my pain medication for arthritis... which leaves me a little uncomfortable part f the day.  Anyway.... enough of that.

The board will stay up for a while.  This forum will remain up above all.  Stories in progress will finish and I will throw up an occasional article about a coming period drama. I've had interest in period drama for over 40 years and have sites dedicated to it for over 20.

Eventually, I will sell the domain name.  There are a few great sites out there. Some doing an excellent job with more that one person running them. I will list those as time goes on.  Although this is my biggest and most trafficked site, I also tend another 4 or 5.  And top all that off the server host has raised his rates another $600 a year bring the cost close to $3,000 yearly.  Expensive but was always worth it to me.

Since this virus is changing our world, I thought it was a good time to make my change, too.

So, I am not saying goodbye and probably won't for a long time. but I am letting off the pressure a bit.

Anyone needing to contact me, go to the front of the site, click HOME and then CONTACT.

That's all for now.

Nath

• View Profile
Re: This isn't goodbye
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2020, »
Genie, it all sounds so sad!

genie

• Administrator
  • oof!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2020, »
Genie, it all sounds so sad!

Don't be sad.  I'm not going anywhere.  I just going to refocus my presence here.  I might grow the forum but under a different name.  I have no solid plans yet, except to stop the feeling that I needed something fresh online every day.  The past couple of months have been sub-standard by my own expectations. The virus has brought on a lot of new period pieces being delayed or not started, so news of them is almost non-existent.  That's why I felt this was as good a time as any.

Also, I meant to say that this ulcer, which seems to be different than any I've known about, comes from having my bladder out a few months back.  No spicy
foods or anything I eat has any relevance.

Nothing to really worry about.

You'll always know where I am.

Luce

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2020, »
I do so understand, Genie. I'm beginning to feel my age, too.

As long as we can still contact you, I'm content. Take care, dearest.

Oso

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2020, »
I second what Luce said!

Keeping up the site is a lot of work. I donít know how youíve done it all these years...

Priority is to take care of yourself and get healthy.  Donít lose touch with any of us. I know Iíll always want to hear from all of you!

Take care dear Genie, Luce, Nath, DCM!

Luce

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2020, »
And you, Oso!

genie

• Administrator
  • oof!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2020, »
Yes, I do not want to lose touch with my great friends here - that is more important than anything.