6 Guests, 0 Users
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 02, 2020,

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

genie

2020 Feb 16 11:06:24
Happy Birthday, Old Lady Oso

Smileys

Recent Topics

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 362
  • Total Topics: 116
  • Online Today: 12
  • Online Ever: 324
  • (January 21, 2020, )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 6
Total: 6

Author Topic: Virus  (Read 2776 times)

Oso

• View Profile
Re: Virus
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2020, »
Hi Luce!  Iím so happy that youíre safe at home. This Coronavirus is frightening.  A friend of my husband has a daughter that is a flight attendant and she got the virus.  She described it as trying to breathe underwater.

We have a state mandated quarantine here in California. Since I work for the airline I can travel to the airport and not get fined. I worked one more trip to London.  Probably my last for a while. All international flights are canceled.  Iím waiting to hear that all domestic flights are canceled too. 

So far I feel fine.  Fingers crossed that I havenít been exposed, but you never know.

Hope everyone is home and healthy.

DCM

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2020, »
Hi folks, we're still alive!

Same as lot of places now, our schools closed from Friday. The place I work is a Higher Education seminary, and they cancelled all face-to-face teaching at the beginning of last week, but they've continued teaching the classes online for now. Because of Ewan's health problems, I decided to work from home when that was brought in (before the government told everyone to work from home where possible).
We have enough food to last for a couple of weeks, but it was really difficult to find pasta etc. Also, because of Ewan's health issues, there is a lot that he can't eat, so we tend to use pasta a lot. We might be eating smaller portions to try to eke out what food supplies we have.

I was meant to go to Australia at the end of April to meet my new niece for the first time, so that is obviously cancelled. I'm so disappointed, but at least I can see her via video calls

A lot of people don't seem to be taking the social distancing seriously. There have been photos of people walking on piers etc. They may think they are healthy enough but they risk passing it to someone else who could be at risk, so it really frustrates me, especially thinking that if I have to go out to get food shopping, I could end up beside someone like that, and then I'll go home and pass it to Ewan.

Keep safe everyone! X

genie

• Administrator
  • oof!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2020, »
Great to hear from you.  I think we were a bit concerned.

We see the same nonchalant attitude with the springer breakers here in Florida.

I had felt a small sense of mature attitudes here among the seniors and professional people - but now that's all "out the window"

I'm like you, I think I'll run out of food before this is over.

Luce

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2020, »
DCM, I 'm glad that you take this seriously.
Just look at Italy where they had over 700 deaths yesterday.
We have to fend off the Dutch who don't take it seriously at all. Police is blocking off our borders with the Netherlands and France.
Hope or Ewan you don't get ill.

genie

• Administrator
  • oof!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2020, »
SOCIAL DISTANCING

Got in the line for the Pharmacy (chemist) drive-thru today and the guy behind was almost 3 car lengths behind me.

Luce

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2020, »
SOCIAL DISTANCING

Got in the line for the Pharmacy (chemist) drive-thru today and the guy behind was almost 3 car lengths behind me.

Hilarious!
That's something we don't have here, drive-thru pharmacies.

Here the stores still open have signs on the floor, a cross or a line for the customer to stand and preserve one and a half meter distance.

Oh, and criminality has decreased 30%. And the air quality has much improved since there are no cars driving around anymore!

That would be the silver lining of this awful business, I guess.

genie

• Administrator
  • oof!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2020, »
The cabin-fever is starting to get to me.

I've begun to signup for all the free (for x number of days) streaming services - just to see something new.  Sundance gives you 30 days free.  I might be allowed out by the end of that.  LOL

genie

• Administrator
  • oof!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2020, »
I'm about ready to get out the jigsaw puzzles.

Luce

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2020, »
I'm about ready to get out the jigsaw puzzles.

HIlarious!

Don't you like jigsaws, Genie? I do!

www.jigsawplanet.com

Nath

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2020, »
Hello to everyone!
From the last days of March we are having the same situation in the city due to the virus, with social distancing, strong advice to stay home, getting out only for necessary shopping or for some medicines, with masks and golves on. And, like everywhere in the world, there are people who do not take it seriously enough!
To reduce the spread of the virus our leader has announced general vacations for everybody till april the 30th, with preservation of salaries. The bad news is that businesses don't know where to take this money from as they are closed.
I go out once in three or four days to get some food. Grocery stores are open and all life support services are working. The streets and empty, with few cars, the metro is functioning, but they say that the flow of passengers has got down by 80 % (though now it may be even lower, the information may be outdated).
Satistics says that every day in Moscow they register about 6 hundred new persons infected.
Some of my acquaintances has gone out of town and are staying in their country houses, but the temperatures are not high enough to live there with comfort.
I wish so much that all this nightmare finishes as soon as possible!!!

Luce

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2020, »
That's my wish too, Nath! Keep safe and healthy!

genie

• Administrator
  • oof!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2020, »
Nath, we've all been where you are.  I'm in my fifth week of seclusion.  I'm gonna hate it when my milk runs out.

Oso sent me a picture of a completed puzzle on a dining room table.

Oso

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2020, »
Iíve actually completed 2 1000 piece puzzles...lol!

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0eW6lOBz2SFmqRP58jzDIxy2w#San_Diego

Luce

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2020, »
Iíve actually completed 2 1000 piece puzzles...lol!

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0eW6lOBz2SFmqRP58jzDIxy2w#San_Diego

I never pictured you as a jigsaw person, Oso!

genie

• Administrator
  • oof!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2020, »
I actually collected them a decade or so back.  Some become valuable (What a surprise).  Those you usually find in second-hand larger book shops.  Now, by valuable, I mean $3 instead of 50 cents.  Most of them are Springbok and older pictures on them.

Oso, when you break it apart, do you put the edges in a plastic bag and keep them separate for the next time?